Chapter 1

Do you want my advice? I don't like this book so check out my other one High Hopes, or my new one.

Read the tags before continuing!

Ariel's POV

It was the sound of a tune playing right beside my bed that startled me and caused me to jump up from my position on my comfortable bed. I let out a groan before slamming my head back down onto the pillow, stretching my hand across to the table beside my head still with my face buried in my pillow. With many attempts and still failing to reach my phone, I gave up and decided to get up once again.

I should've known better than to put my favorite song as my alarm.

I loved the song Animals by my favorite band Maroon 5, but now I just wished that animals would come to eat me.

This wish had its cons; the first obvious one being that I would be mauled by animals which didn't sound that appealing, and the second one being that if I was dead or eaten alive, I wouldn't have to awake morning after morning to go the school.

I was torn out of my thoughts about animals and being eaten alive when someone came bursting through my door.

"Ariel, get your non-existent butt up and get ready for school," My mom sang as she came into my room with a laundry basket in her hand.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, knowing that that would result in a slap across my head so hard that my eyes would stick there. So instead, I settled on, "Thanks for the boost of confidence."

I let out a frustrated sigh as my mother waltzed herself inside my room as if she owned the place, in which she did, but that was beside the point that I was trying to make.

She began to dig under my bed, on top of my dresser, and everywhere that she could get her slender hands on.

I decided that it would be best if I left her in the room to clean up my mess. If I stayed any longer, she just might rope me into helping her.

When I descended the staircase, my father was sitting in our one-seater with a newspaper in his hands.

His blond hair drooped down in front of his forehead just in the middle. He needed a haircut.

I wished that I was blessed with his vibrant bright, blue eyes and bouncy blonde hair. I didn't have much to complain about. Despite being born with basic brunette hair, I supposed that my green eyes caught the attention of many.

"Hey, Dad," I hummed as I trudged my way into the kitchen. I took an apple from the fruit bowl and watched it shortly before throwing it into the air.

I leaned back onto the counter and threw the juicy, red fruit in the air before taking a hearty bite out of it.

"Morning, Pumpkin," He hummed distractedly.  "Breakfast is on the table. Eat before you leave."