Chapter 37

Adam's POV

Ariel and I have been together for about a little over 3 months now and it's been going really great on my part.

I mean, sure there's been more dick heads flirting with her and more of me trying to kill them but, what's new? Of course, Ariel stopped me by telling me some shit about I shouldn't go around hitting people for no reason.

Pshh. As for as I'm concerned, there isn't a law that stops me from protecting what's mine so...

Aside from that, we've been really good with only minimum little petty fights but what relationship doesn't have fights?

All I can say is that the past few months has been the best months of my life, especially with Ariel in it. She's the sunshine to my day and the reason why I look forward to waking up everyday.

The way she smiles, laughs, and even the way she talks, is what I look forward to seeing everyday.

"Adam!" Someone shouts, ripping me out from my thoughts.

I look to the side and see Ariel looking at me with a slightly concerned face. "You okay?" She asks as she presses the back of her hand on my forehead.

"Yeah, yeah. Just thinking." I say while taking her hand from my forehead and placing a long, lingering kiss on her knuckles.

Her eyes follow my action and she blushes a dark red colour. She clears her throat and swiftly pulls away her hand. "Um, so... this can be used as assonance, alliteration or even irony..." She explains as she tries to change the topic.

I chuckle at her and try to understand what the fuck is flowing out of her mouth about English.

While she's explaining, I can't help my focus my gaze on her lips as she pronounces every word. "This here is called..." She pauses as if she's thinking. She bites her bottom lip and taps her pen on her cheek.

I absentmindedly find myself leaning in to capture her plump pink lips on mine. She catches on and quickly pulls back before I can kiss her.

"No, uh uh." She shakes her index finger in front of my face as in "no".
"We both know how that'll end if we start now." She warns and I pull back while sighing, knowing she's right.

"Good." She smiles and continues to explain.

Did I mention that Elle also doesn't pay us that much attention. The most she'll do when she sees us is scoff and move on about her business. Ariel's happy about it but I still find something rather off about it. I still don't trust her and I'll still keep my eye out on her. It's my fault though. I should have watched who were the crazy bitches I fucked with.

I continue to listen to Ariel once again and try to concentrate.   

-------------------------

I tap my pen boringly on the table as I twirl a strand of Ariel's hair around my finger. This is the only class I have with her and all she does is read and write. I try to gain her attention most of the time but all she ever does is ignore. We don't really get to see each other that much at home because she rarely comes over. 

I know that it's because homework has been piling up like a bitch on her and it frustrates and annoys her but that still doesn't change the fact that I miss her a lot. I'm actually very worried for her because most mornings she runs to class, extremely late because of waking up late. She rarely gets sleep because of her projects and she even went as far as to ask me not to pick her up from school because she doesn't want to make me late.

Of course,  I've tried to reason with her but she didn't budge. However, if she does make it school on time, her hair is hardly ever combed, her eyes are baggy and she tries her hardest to stay awake in class.

Since this is the only class we have together, I try to spend as much time outside her classroom, making sure that she's alright, also without her seeing me because God knows that she'll kill me if she knows I'm skipping, especially for her.

"Adam, could you stop for a minute? I'm trying to concentrate." She whispers to me from behind her as she frowns. 

I feel the pout evident on my face as I let go of her hair and slouch back in my chair. 

She looks back at the teacher quickly and sighs before turning her attention back to me. "I'm sorry, Adam. I'll come over today, alright? I promise." She states as she smiles a tired smile at me. I try to send one back but I just can't, especially with how my heart breaks when I look at her exhausted form.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that she's willing to cancel a few hours of her homework for me but I still wouldn't want to be selfish and expect her to spend all of her time with me, as much as I want her to.

"Okay." I smile back smally and she leans in and pecks my lips.

--------------------------

We both head outside to one of my different cars since I was getting bored with the BMW. Libby decided to take a ride with that Liam kid to his house. She's also been worried about Ariel and she knows that we don't get to spend as much time together so she just decided that she'll crash at his house tonight to give us some alone time.

So after a lot of lectures about teen pregnancy, I've decided that I'll let her go. 

I open the car for Ariel and she lets out a small thank you, along with a breath of relief that school's finally over. As soon as she enters the car, she pelts her bag in the backseat of the car and faces back the front, while resting her head on the window.

I walk over to the driver's seat and once I've adjusted myself and hooked both of our seat belts on, I turn to face Ariel. "You know you don't have to come over right?" I question and she looks at me.

"Don't be silly, Adam." she says while trying to stifle a small yawn. "I promised I'll come over and I will." She smiles tiredly at me.

I send her back one and push the key into the ignition and reverse to head for home.

The car ride was a little too silent for my liking, so I decided that I would speak up. "So, what are we doing when we get there?" I ask and wait for a reply. "Ariel?" I say when I don't get any.

I momentarily look at her to see that she's sleeping. Her lips are slightly parted and her little snores fill the car. The bags are still present under her eyes and I don't know if to be a little sad that I won't be spending time with her anytime soon or be happy that she will get more than two hours of sleep.

I decide on the latter. I lean over and kiss her forehead and adjusts my eyes to the road again, while stroking her hair. 

-------------------------------

Poor Adam. :(

16K READS! Thanks guys.