Chapter 10

Ariel's POV

"You what?!" Libby shouted.

"Sshh! Keep it down, he's right next door!" I whispered.

Libby and I are currently at her house when I sprung it on her that Adam and I kissed.

Tonight, I agreed to study at Landon's. I don't really feel like it but I did promise him.

"What kind of kiss was it? How long did it last? Who made the first move? Answer me!" Libby hurriedly said without taking a breath, also not giving me time to answer.

"A rough one, about a minute because your parents came home and he did." I said replying to every one of her questions.

"Dude! He totally likes you!" Libby blurted out stressing on 'totally' and shaking my shoulders.

"Come on, you know your brother, he's probably.... horny." I said sounding unsure.

".....Horny?" Libby repeated although it sounded like a statement.

"Yeah, can we drop it and get on the real reason I came here?"

Libby scoffs at this and gives me a disappointed look. " You know I don't like Landon. He's just a fuckboy. She says while stuffing her face with the bag of chips on her bed.

"Yeah, like your brother's any better." I murmur quietly.

"Let's just find something for you to wear. What did you bring?" Libby asks.

"Nothing, I wanted to borrow your clothes."

"Well in the case, just wear the dress I bought when we went to the mall together." She stated while opening her closet.

"Isn't that a little too short?" I asked now standing.

Libby just shrugs it off and pulls the dress from her wadrobe. "Here. Try it on." She said gesturing for me to do so.

A few minutes later after Libby zips me up, I take a look in her ful length mirror.

"Looks good enough, now go. You're already late."

"Bye. Love you!" I shout while she lays back on her bed.

"Love you too bitch." She shouts back.

I arrive downstairs to find Adam in the kitchen.

Shit.

He looks at me and does a double take not trying to hide the fact that he's obviously checking me out.

"Uh, hey." I say standing there awakardly as his eyes burn through me. His eyes snap back up to mine as he hears my voice.

"Where are you going?" He asks leaning back on the counter with his palms on either side of him.

"Landon's house to study." I reply truthfully.