Chapter 43

Ariel's POV

My eyes flutter open and the first thing that I see is the glistening light from through my windows.

I sit up on my bed and stretch while letting out a long yawn.

Unlike most days, I actually don't feel like shit today, maybe because it's the day of Lily's charity event. Libby and I went out yesterday and bought dresses for it, along with something a little extra.

She totally freaked out when she found out that I was going since every year she would always complain that it was always boring, especially in the same room as snobby rich people.

I lift my feet to let then drop limply on the ground. I then pick up my phone to check and see if I've received any messages.

8:49 AM

Adam: Morning, Beautiful ; )

A small smile creeps its way upon my lips as I read the message that Adam sent. I check the time and it reads 9:16 AM, which meant that it wasn't too long ago that this message was sent.

9:16 AM

Me: Good Morning : )

Adam: Can't wait to see your gorgeous face today...

He thinks he's slick, doesn't he?

Me: How long did it take you to come up with that line, huh?

Adam: About 2 minutes, I was looking for the right adjective to use ;)

I can't help but let a little laugh escape from my lips when I read his message. I decide against replying since I was going to head over there now anyway.

I stretch for one last time and push my lazy ass up off of the bed and head to the bathroom to let out my liquids, brush my teeth and take a shower.

Once I've finished, I step out of the shower and wrap the blue towel around my body and exit the bathroom.

I look around my closet, looking for something to wear. I don't feel like dressing up too much, especially since the charity event is only hours away and I'll have to change out of them anyways.

Looking around my closet, the clothes that are clearly visible aren't really as comfortable as I'd want them to. Searching a little further, I come across one of my old T-shirts and then soon after, my old pants and sneakers.

I pick out an outfit that was at the back of my closet and my face morphs into disgust. Looking at the outfit, I can't believe that I actually use to wear clothes this revolting.

No wonder Adam never gave me a second glance.

I push the outfit back where I took it from and then I continue to look.

"Knock knock." I hear a deep voice say from my doorway. I crane my neck to look in the direction of the voice and my eyes land on a smiling Adam who decided it would be a good idea to let himself in anyway.

He's wearing a simple black shirt that hugs his muscles and black jeans that hangs low on his hips. His hair is still messy as if he just woke up and ran his hand through it and left it that way.

"Adam? What are you doing here? I thought you knew I'd be coming over later." I say as continue to raid my closet, not even bothering that I'm in a towel since it's pretty big and doesn't really reveal much, if anything at all.

"Yeah, I did." He heads to my bed and lies down making himself comfortable. "I just thought you were taking too long and decided I'll just give you a ride to prevent your parents from doing it." He shrugs as he rests his hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling.