18 ~ The Headache and the Dream

Ron slumped on the couch the minute the three friends entered the common room.

"Do you think Harry will be alright?" He asked.

"I don't know. I'd hate to see him get hurt. I should have been there with him. Snape actually likes me, he might not have hurt Harry if I was there." Emma said.

"Don't be silly, you couldn't have gone if you wanted to. There wasn't enough potion, remember?" Hermione said. The three of them stared at the fire in silence. Emma's mind still couldn't wrap around the fact that Harry was all alone with Snape. Who knows how wounded he would be when he came back. That is if he came back. Emma told herself not to think like that, Harry would be alive. A teacher wouldn't kill Harry.

It seemed like forever, but finally Ron spoke up, breaking the silence.

"You'd think he'd be back by now." He said. Emma looked at the clock on the wall, 12:35. They'd been waiting almost four hours.

The portrait opened and Emma whipped her head around to see Harry. Only it wasn't Harry, it was Professor Dumbledore.

"Miss Quinn, Miss Granger, Mr. Weasley, if you will follow me to the hospital wing." Dumbledore said.

Harry was lying on a bed in the hospital wing, unconscious. He had a nasty cut on his face and a bandaged arm. Other than that, he looked okay.

"What happened?" Emma asked.

"Professor Quirrell, he was trying to steal the stone. Voldemort was occupying Quirrell's body. He has vanished again, and Quirrell is dead." Dumbledore said.

"So it wasn't Snape?" Ron asked.

"No, no, Mr. Weasley, it was not Professor Snape." Dumbledore smiled.

"Will Harry be alright?" Emma asked.

"Yes, my dear, now how about you three get some rest. Harry will still be here in the morning." Dumbledore said.

The three Gryffindors hurried back to their common room. Emma and Hermione practically crawled up the staircase to their dormitory. Venus, Parvati, and Lavender were all sleeping soundly. Emma said goodnight to Hermione and snuggled under the covers. Her eyes closed and sleep took her.

It wasn't unusual to have dreams, but the dream Emma had was rather strange. She was standing by a boy with black hair. For a second she thought it was Harry, but when the boy turned around, she saw he had sea green eyes and didn't have Harry's scar or glasses. The boy looked to be about her age, and he was dressed for old-fashioned war, and was holding a sword. Suddenly another figure came into view, a chubby girl with brown hair that was holding a spear. Four others came with her. The boy and girl were talking, and the four others were standing behind the chubby girl like guards. Then the girl and boy started fighting. The girl brought her spear around to strike him, but he blocked the blow with his sword. The girl stabbed him and he was thrown back into the small river behind him. Emma thought he was going to lie there for a long time, injured and pleading for the others to stop. The boy didn't do that, though. He stood up, looking more energized than ever. The boy fought the "guards" and all of them lost the battle. Then the girl fought him again and her spear broke. The girl looked like she was going to pulverize the boy, but then a tall blonde boy ran across the river, a large flag in his hand. The girl was mad, Emma could tell. She started yelling at the boy. Then another girl materialized next to the boy. She had just appeared out of thin air. She began talking to the girl and the boy. Her eyes were striking grey, like Draco Malfoy's, but they had a fire burning in them that Draco's didn't have.

Emma watched the scene for only a few moments, then was pulled back into reality.

Emma was in her bed, the morning light coming through the windows.

Hermione and Venus were standing over her, smiling.

"Hey sleepyhead." Venus said.

"Hey." Emma said, swinging her legs out from under the covers. She stood on the cool stone floor of the dormitory and sighed.

"Harry still in the hospital wing?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, Ron's with him now. Come on, let's get breakfast." Hermione said.

Emma got dressed in normal muggle clothes, it was the weekend after all. She pulled her cloak on over her outfit just because, and followed her friends to the Great Hall.

Venus's mind wouldn't stop showing her the dream she'd had last night. It was a rather brutal dream. Emma had been in it, only it wasn't really her. Emma was shooting arrows at a monster. Venus didn't know what kind of monster it was, but Emma seemed to know. She had been with three others, a boy with black hair, a girl with blonde hair, and another boy, only he had small horn stubs sticking out of his curly red hair and instead of feet, he had hooves. The boy had been fighting with a sword, the girl with a dagger, and the goat-boy hybrid was playing some sort of instrument. Although Venus had never seen these people before in her life, Emma seemed to know them just fine. Venus wondered where they were from, and why they were fighting monsters with swords. Didn't they have wands for that?

Venus watched as her mind continued to play the scenes over and over. It was confusing her and giving her a headache.

Emma must have noticed something was up with Venus, because she asked if anything was bothering her.

"Yeah, my headache. It's really making it hard to focus on anything." Venus said.

Emma went into thinking mode, she knew that she still had some potion left that would cure Venus's headache. Yet, the way Venus was acting, Emma thought it was more than a headache.

"Come on," she said, "I have something that will cure your headache." Emma and Venus left the breakfast table. Hermione seemed to not even notice.

Once Emma and Venus were up in their dormitory, Venus collapsed onto the ground. They were alone, and Emma was glad about that, but also scared.

"Venus?"

Venus looked up at Emma, her eyes full of pain and sadness. Emma gave her the bottle of healing potion. Venus drank it in one gulp.

Instantly, color returned to her cheeks, and she stood up. Her eyes no longer held pain in them, and she seemed a lot more relaxed.

"You okay Venus?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, I'm a lot better." Venus said, "Emma, I had a dream. You were in it, and so were three others. You were fighting a monster, but I don't know what it looked like. Emma, you weren't just fighting it, you were shooting arrows at it. One guy had a sword, the girl had a dagger."

Emma stared at Venus, "Did the boy have black hair, and the girl have blonde?" Emma asked.

"Yes, how did you know?" Venus asked.

"I've been dreaming about the same people."