91 ~ Quidditch World Cup

Emma, Josephine, Ellie, Brilee, and Sam Quinn left the Quinn Manor early on the day of the Quidditch World Cup. They apperated to the countryside where the portkey was supposed to be. When they got to the designated spot, the five of them searched around for the portkey. Josephine found it after about five minutes.

"The portkey is scheduled to leave at 6:30, and we're supposed to wait for another family," said Sam. "I believe it's the Trespiers, Brilee."

Brilee smiled. "Yes, Adalyn told me she and 'er siblings were all coming." She turned to Emma. "Adalyn's brothers go to 'ogwarts, perhaps you know zem?"

"Perhaps. What year are they?" Emma asked.

"Fourth or Fifth, I zink," Brilee said. "Zere zey are!"

Over the crest of the hill came five figures. One Emma recognized from the wizard boutique in Paris. Adalyn. Then there were two boys who looked about Emma's age, a girl Ellie's age, and a man Emma assumed to be their father.

"'Ello, Sam," said the man.

"Philip, how good to see you!" said Sam, taking the man's hand in greeting.

"Brilee, good to see you," Philip said, shaking Brilee's hand as well.

"You as well, Mr. Trespier."

"And Ellie, good to see you, and.... Josephine, am I right?"

He shook Ellie's hand as Josephine said, "Yes, sir."

"And who's this?" Emma knew he was asking about her.

"My niece, Emma," said Sam. "She goes to Hogwarts, perhaps your sons know her?"

One of the twin boys spoke up. "You hang around Harry Potter, don't you?"

"That's right," said Emma.

"I'm Cadmus, and this is my brother Orion. We're both in Slytherin."

"Fifth year," added Orion.

"Good to meet you," said Emma. "Are you named after the Greek hero Cadmus and the hunter Orion?"

"Yes," said Philip. "My wife enjoys Greek Myths."

"It runs in the family," said Orion.

Emma glanced at the other girl, who was Ellie's age. The brunette met Emma's gaze and introduced herself.

"I'm Selene."

"Goddess of the moon," Emma said.

"You know your mythology," said Philip.

Emma shrugged. "I like it."

"And I'm Adalyn, eef you did not know already," said the eldest girl.

Emma nodded. "You're the only one not named after a Greek."

Adalyn sighed. "Yes, eet was Father's fault. 'E wanted to name me after my Great-Grandmuzzer. But my middle name ees Hemera, goddess of day."

Emma smiled at her.

Sam spoke up, "One minute til the Portkey leaves."

The group gathered around the dented can that was the Portkey. Emma found herself between Josephine and Cadmus. They all placed a finger on the can and waited as Sam counted down the seconds.

"Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven... Six... Five... Four... Three... Two... One..."

And then Emma felt an uncomfortable lurch in her stomach. The group started spinning. Or, at least, that's what it felt like to Emma. The world vanished and they seemed to be traveling through nothingness. And then Emma came in contact with the earth again. And it sort of hurt.