42 ~ Emma Shows Venus the Room

Emma was staring wide-eyed at Harry. He had just finished telling them about his adventure in T. M. Riddle's diary. The truth was unbelievable.

"I can't believe Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets! That's nothing like him! He's so kind towards the Muggleborns, why would he want to petrify them?" Emma asked.

"I don't know, it's just what I saw," Harry said.

"But doesn't he know that this time he could be hurting Muggleborns like Hermione? What if he does petrify Hermione, won't he be upset about that?" Venus asked.

"I'd expect him to be upset, but who knows?" Harry said, glancing at Hermione as if to make sure he wasn't insulting her.

"It's just strange, I mean sure Hagrid is a little dangerous, but to intentionally harm the students?" Hermione said in disbelief.

"Well if Hagrid opened the chamber, why is it that he's still here?" Ron asked.

The five Gryffindors sat in silence. Barely anyone was in the Common Room, so they knew they wouldn't be overheard. Emma looked out the window and saw an owl coming towards them. She stood from her spot on the floor and opened the window. The owl was brown and it held a letter in its beak. It was addressed to Emma. She took the letter and slipped it into her pocket before her friends could see the stamp on it.

"Er, I'll be right back," she said, racing up the stairs to her dormitory. She pulled the letter out of her pocket and sat down on her bed. The letter was from Percy.

It read:

Emma,

I sent a letter because I didn't want to Iris-Message you. Who knows what those Mortals will think if my image suddenly appears right in the middle of class! Anyway, I think Grover's in trouble. I've been having dreams about him being chased around by some monster. You'll be at Camp, right? Well, when you get there I'll tell you more. I hope you're having a good school year, I sure am! Not one detention so far! I don't know how long it'll last, but hopefully until the end of the year.

Percy

Emma read it twice and then tossed it in the fireplace and watched it burn. She couldn't let any of the girls read it and know she had a double life. Well, except Venus, since she already knew. Speaking of Venus, the girl had just opened their door and came over to her.

"Camp friend?" She asked.

"Yeah, Percy, he thinks Grover is in trouble," Emma said.

"The satyr?"

"Yeah, have you seen anything in your dreams?" Emma asked.

"No, nothing of the satyr, only a few of you and Annabeth and Percy and another boy." Venus said.

"Will?"

"No, a single-eyed boy," Venus said.

"A cyclops? Why would there be a cyclops?" Emma asked.

"I don't know, I see what I see," Venus said.

Emma grabbed her wand from her bed where she'd left it and said, "You wanna see something cool?"

They stopped outside of the blank wall. Emma thought hard about a way of contacting her friends. She held on to Venus's wrist while she thought. Suddenly (and with a gasp from Venus), a door appeared in the stone wall. Emma opened it and led Venus inside. It was the little room with the window that always showed daylight and the little pond with the drachmas at the bottom.

"Wow!" Venus's eyes were shining with excitement. She went to the pool and scooped up a handful of the shining gold coins. "What are these? They aren't Galleons!"