112 ~ The Prophecy

After Harry and Cedric had disappeared into the maze, a few minutes passed before Krum went, then Fleur. Once all the champions were inside, the students in the stands started chatting. Fred and George took bets on who would when. Most of the students said Cedric... everyone was still a little mad at Harry.

Emma, Dean, and Venus talked quietly about their exams, and about what might be inside the maze. Venus said she'd had a premonition, but she wasn't sharing anything.

After a while, students started laying down and falling asleep. There was a group of first year Hufflepuffs leaning on one another to Emma's left, and a group of Slytherins drawing all over their faces. Thankfully, Professor McGonagall put an end to that rather quickly, and took house points from the Slytherins.

Red sparks suddenly appeared in the sky near the right of the maze. The students still awake started whispering excitedly, wondering who'd been hurt. Professor Snape brought Fleur Delacour back to the stands. She was unconscious. And scratched. A lot.

Emma saw Ellie smugy look at the quarter-veela. She knew Ellie was satisfied that Fleur couldn't win the tournament. She'd never liked the girl. Emma's gaze moved slightly to the right of her cousin to see Draco Malfoy. He was sitting right next to Ellie, and Pansy Parkinson glared at Ellie from his other side. Draco looked at Emma right as she was about to look away. But as his gray eyes met her hazel ones, she found that she couldn't move them. Draco gave her a head nod, but Emma only blinked in return. Was their feud over? Was he being civil now? Was he dating Ellie? A whole flurry of questions flooded her mind. Funny how a simple head nod can induce so much confusion.

Venus nudged Emma, forcing her to break eye contact with the blonde boy.

"What?" she asked.

"Why are you staring at Draco?" Venus whispered, careful to not let Dean overhear.

"I wasn't..." Emma said.

Venus tilted her head as if to say "Really, Emma? Don't lie to me."

"I wasn't. At least, not knowingly."

Before Venus could reply, Dean said, "Look, more sparks!"

Emma and Venus followed his gaze to the red sparks that seemed ever so far away. Soon enough, Viktor Krum was being brought back to the stands.

"Hogwarts victory either way," Emma said.

A few minutes passed in dead silence, and then Emma could faintly hear someone whispering beside her. It was Venus. Her head hung down, hair covering her face. Emma nudged the blonde girl. She didn't move. Emma nudged her again. Still nothing. Emma lifted up Venus's head and came face-to-face with two large, round, white orbs where Venus's eyes used to be. Emma dropped Venus's head abruptly, slightly scared. She called Madam Pomfrey over, and the older witch took one look into Venus's eyes and said, "Quinn, you take Venus up to Professor Trelawney's classroom this instant."

"Sorry?"

"Miss Tyler is having a vision, Miss Quinn. Take her to Professor Trelawney's classroom."

Emma didn't waste a minute. She told Dean to tell her who won the tournament, then recruited George to help carry the blonde up to the castle.

"What's going on?" He asked as they trekked up the grassy hill.

"Venus is having a vision."

George stopped. "She is?"

Emma told him not to stop, as they had to get her up seven flights of stairs and a ladder before she woke up.

"Why's she whispering like that?" George asked, leaning his head down to hear what she was saying.