19 ~ Going Home

Emma and Venus were standing on the platform of a staircase with Hermione and Ron when Harry came into view.

"Harry!" Emma exclaimed.

"Hey, Ron, Emma, Venus, Hermione, how are you?" Harry asked.

"Fine, how about you?" Venus said.

"I'm alright; and you three?" Harry asked.

"Alright," Ron and Emma chorused.

"Never better." Hermione said, grinning. The four friends ran down the stairs to meet with Harry. Then they went to the end of the year feast.

Emma smiled at her friends, the year had been exciting to say the least. Although Emma was dreading the summer, for the first time ever, she knew Hogwarts would still be there when she came back. Emma had a feeling that next year would be even more exciting.

Across the Hall, Draco watched Emma and her friends. Draco had yet to figure out the secret of Emma's life, and he'd have to wait for a while before he could start up the search again. He knew there was something up with her, but he didn't know what. Draco watched Emma laugh with her friends and almost wished he were laughing with them too. Almost.

Of course, Draco would never hang out with Hermione Granger, the muggle born. And Potter and Weasley were off the chart as well, but Emma was alright. And his father would certainly approve; her being one of the most powerful witches, and all.

Venus didn't laugh along with the others, her mind was still focused on the mysterious dream she'd had about Emma and the three other people. It kind of freaked her out that Emma would have other friends, another life, and so many secrets. Emma hadn't told Venus about the other people, and she tells Venus everything. What if she didn't even know?

Emma and her friends brought their trunks to the train and found a compartment. Then Harry, Ron, and Hermione left to say goodbye to a few other people. Emma and Venus sat alone in the compartment, not talking. The silence was interrupted when a familiar blonde opened the door.

"Quinn, Tyler, have a nice summer." Draco said and then closed the door and left.

"That was strange." Emma said.

"Very strange. I wonder if he's on drugs." Venus said.

"Venus! You know his perfect mother wouldn't let her perfect son get high on drugs!" Emma laughed.

"Maybe that's why he's using them." Venus shrugged.

"Yeah, but I don't think he's on drugs. It was more like he was trying to get attention." Emma said.

Venus snorted, "Like he'd want attention from two Gryffindors."

"Well we are the best looking Gryffindor's in our year." Emma said jokingly. Then, for no reason, the two friends laughed. It wasn't just laughs that you would have at the end of a joke, it was "oh Merlin I can't even breathe" laughs. Emma and Venus laughed so hard their lungs hurt and they couldn't even stop to breathe.

When Harry, Ron, and Hermione came back into the compartment, the looks on their faces made Emma and Venus laugh even harder.

A few minutes later, the laughing turned into frequent giggles, then finally turned back into silence.

The five Gryffindors said goodbye to each other at Kings Cross Station before going home. Emma felt bad for Harry who would be spending the summer with his horrid aunt and uncle.

Emma left the station with her mum. She could tell her mum was worried, only Emma couldn't tell why. Her mum's eyes kept flickering around to each person, as if she was afraid someone would be there.

"Mum, you alright?" Emma asked.

"Yes, dear, I'm fine. We have something to discuss once we get home." Beatrice Quinn said.

Emma glanced up at her mum, what was she so worried about? Beatrice's face gave away no hints that she was in danger, but she was worried. Emma could tell that much at least. One thing was for sure, whatever Emma's mum was worried about, it was bad. Emma's mum didn't get worried or scared unless something was wrong. Emma just didn't know what.