30 ~ Back to England

Apollo came back to camp in his red sports car mid-August. Most of the campers had already left to go back to school, but some remained. Emma packed up her bag, making sure she had her twin daggers. She had forgotten which of them was her wand, and didn't want to leave it behind. The only things she left were the few Camp Half-Blood tee shirts she had and a few pairs of shorts. Emma made sure her letters were kept safely under the mattress where no one would find them, then walked out of Cabin 7. Apollo was waiting for her on the lake edge. Emma got into the car and they took off. Soon they were flying over the ocean again, back to London.

"I trust you had a good summer?" Apollo asked.

"Yeah it was fun," Emma replied.

"I'm guessing you're wondering what the secret ingredient is in your wand?" Apollo asked.

In truth, Emma had forgotten about the secret ingredient Ollivander had told her about. She nodded anyway, curious to know what her father was going to say.

"It's a lock of my hair," Apollo said, "I had that wand made just for you, so it would change into a dagger when you came to camp. I didn't want your friends wondering why you had a decorated stick."

"So your hair gives it the power to change into a dagger?" Emma asked.

"Yup, but even without my hair, your wand is powerful. The magical properties in it are very rare together. When I say this, I mean very few wands are made with rosewood and unicorn hair. The combination makes the wand extremely powerful." Apollo said.

"So what you're saying is... I'm the best in both worlds?" Emma asked.

"Not the best, but exceptionally powerful," Apollo said, "Chiron told you that your witch power influences your demigod power. There's a reason you can heal just by touching, and barely any of your energy will be wasted."

Emma looked out at the sea. It all seemed so magical, so unbelievable. Yet she did live in two magical worlds, what could she expect? Apollo continued driving/flying, but in silence. The only sound were whales and dolphins splashing out of the waves.

Apollo touched down in front of Emma's house. Emma got out of the car, swung her bag over her shoulder, and started walking up the front walkway. Her mum opened the door before Emma even knocked and she was pulled into a suffocating hug.

When her mother finally let go, she glanced back at Apollo.

"Beatrice, nice to see you," Apollo said.

"You as well," Emma's mum said, "I'm glad my daughter didn't die."

"I wouldn't let her die, Beatrice, you know that," Apollo said.

Emma's mum ushered her inside and began asking her how her summer was. Emma looked back out the front door, but Apollo and his sports car were gone. She shut the door before answering her mum's questions.

"Did you make lots of friends?" Beatrice asked.

"Oh yes, mum, I told you in my letters," Emma said, "Carly, Sadie, Fawn, Will, Connor, Lee, Michael, Austin, and David, those are my siblings. Annabeth, Percy, and Grover, those are my other friends."

"So your father had ten children with all different mothers?" Her mum asked.

"Well, mum, he's had more than that, he's lived for more than 2000 years!"

"Oh, well I guess he has had a lot then." Emma's mum said.

"The gods all have lots of children, they need to. If there's no demigods, they can't kill Giants and Titans!" Emma said.

Beatrice Quinn watched her daughter as she continued on about how great the gods were and how Camp Half-Blood was so fun. She knew Emma loved Hogwarts more than Camp Half-Blood, but just the thought of her going to camp was enough to unsettle Beatrice.

A few days later, Emma put on her Gryffindor cloak and stepped into the fireplace. She and her mother were meeting the Weasleys, Grangers, and Tylers at Diagon Alley. Harry was coming too.

Emma threw the powder into the flames and shouted "Diagon Alley". She felt a tug and she was whisked away into the labyrinth of the Floo Network.