Chapter 7

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n), let's go," Mikleo offered.

I glanced at both Shiori and Catherine. They discreetly shook their heads, as if to tell me to refuse. Well, I was going to anyway, even if they hadn't ordered it.

I was honestly not in a mood to be playing games and practicing our magic. My body hurt like hell and it was beginning to get hard to breathe.

"S-sorry, I prefer practising alone. Um Shiori and Catherine are looking for a group though. Why don't you go with them?"
"Are you sure?" Sorey asked, frowning.
"Yeah, come on. They're waiting."

I hurriedly pushed the two towards my 'friends'. They awkwardly greeted each other while I rushed off to an area behind the trees. *sigh*

My legs gave way as I painfully fell back, leaning against the stiff tree trunk. Ugh, my spine felt like it was breaking apart. My organs probably turned into human soup.

I quickly grabbed a tissue from my pocket and covered my mouth as I coughed out blood. It wasn't an ideal way to waste time during a class you disliked but at least it gave me an excuse to run away like a coward.

As minutes passed by, my body's condition got worse. Should I go and tell Zaveid or should I just stay and pretend that everything was fine? Well, either way, they were going to find out whether I liked it or not.

"What are you doing all the way back here?" Zaveid asked, coming out of nowhere.
"At least make some sound when you walk. I almost had a heart attack."
"Says the person that looks emotionless almost all of the time."
"Whatever. What did you need?"
"I just wanted to know what you were doing here."
"Don't bother."
"Oi, I'm your teacher."
"Do you think I care? The answer to that is no, unfortunately for you."
"Well, I-"

I coughed, interrupting him. Not that I wanted to but I just couldn't hold it in any more. I tried covering the blood that came out but he noticed straight away.

Despite my efforts to try to pull away, he looked down at the blood-soaked tissues with a serious expression. I roughly pulled my arms out of his grip and looked at the ground.

"(Y/n), look at me."

I stubbornly kept my gaze elsewhere, trying to get out of this difficult situation.

"Now."

I sighed heavily before turning my head so that I was looking at his face.

"I'm taking you to the nurse. Also, that's not a question. Think of it as a token of our friendship."
"...*smiles* whatever."

He picked me up, ignoring all my protests. After I realised that it was useless to try to complain, he finally began taking me to where the other students were practising.

Shiori and Catherine met my gaze and immediately noticed what had happened. Their gazes were filled with hatred and anger. I quickly looked away.

"Guys, keep going with this. I need to take (Y/n) to the nurse," Zaveid exclaimed.
"Why? Did something happen?" Mikleo asked worriedly.
"N-nothing serious."

I managed to slip my response out before Zaveid could open his mouth to reply. He gave me an annoyed look but didn't do anything about it.

"I'll take her. You need to supervise the class, right? It's no big deal," offered Mikleo.

Before I had a chance to protest, Zaveid handed me over to Mikleo. He flashed me a kind smile as I was helplessly passed into his arms. To be honest, I was surprised. Wasn't I too heavy for him?

I didn't know my own weight but seriously...As he headed to the nurse, I couldn't help but stare at his features. What made them so different from everyone else's? Why was I beginning to feel so attracted to this boy whom I never should've talked to?

"(Y/n)?"
"Mhmm?"
"What happened? I saw the blood on the tissue."
"T-that's..."
"Do you get bullied often?"
"N-no, what made you think that?"
"Well- actually, nevermind."

I eyed him suspiciously but just left it as nothing.

Mikleo's POV

I felt (Y/n) lean her head against my chest. Her eyes were getting droopy. I was worried about her. I didn't know why exactly but I was. I just didn't want anything to happen to her.

Despite thinking this, I couldn't get the fact that she was cute out of my head. What was wrong with me? She looked almost too pretty when she was relaxed. Well, not that she could be relaxed right now.

She began coughing violently. Blood dripped down her chin and onto my clothes.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't-"
"Don't be. Just get better, that's all you need to do right now."

We arrived at the nurse. After I vaguely explained the details to her, she quickly ushered (Y/n) to one of the beds. I stayed behind, making sure she had been taken care of.

~1 hour later~

"Do you want a change of clothes?" Yuri (the nurse) asked.
"Ah yes please. Do you..."
"Yes, we have a spare change of clothes for sick students just in case."
"Oh, thank you."
"Don't mention it."

After changing into a pair of jeans and plain t-shirt, I sat by (Y/n)'s bedside. It was a relief that Yuri had healing abilities. It would've been a hassle to try to explain everything to a doctor at a random hospital.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. There was some internal damage to her organs but it wasn't too serious."
"I see..."

Internal...damage...who would've done such a thing? She couldn't have possibly harmed herself, right? I mean, it did seem like she didn't enjoy Zaveid's classes but not to this extent.

Maybe I should just stay here until she wakes up. I was still a little too worried to leave her side despite all of my common sense telling me to head back to class.