Chapter 10

(Y/n)'s POV

I just couldn't focus. My vision was slightly blurred and my head hurt like hell. My body was so...exhausted that I felt like I was moving in thick syrup. Damn it...

"(Y/n)," exclaimed Mr Kai.
"H-huh? Yes sir?"
"Do you need a tissue?"

I didn't get his question at first but then realisation soon dawned on me. I had a nosebleed. Catherine and Shiori's snickers reached my ears before I could even manage a reply.

"Y-yes sir."
"You look pale. You sure you don't need to go to the nurse?"
"No sir, I'm fine."

I managed a small smile before dropping my gaze to the textbook in front of me. Ugh, I felt so dizzy...that was when a note was passed into my hand.

'What's wrong? Tired? Ha, serves you right...loser.' ~Shiori

I scrunched up the note and put my head down on the desk. My eyelids felt heavy. That was strange, I thought I had enough sleep last night...

As I closed my eyes, I heard someone call out my name. It was a distant sound, almost like I imagined it. Was it real or was it just my imagination? Well, it doesn't matter. What I wanted was to sleep...

"Wake up."

That sounded a lot like Mr Kai. Was I still in class? Wait, where was I? At home? In class? What was I doing before? I...don't...remember...

"(Y/n)!"

I sat up with a fright. Everyone burst out laughing, which made me blush the darkest shade of red. Ugh...it was definitely going to be something that will haunt me for life...

"You're acting strange. Are you sure you don't want to go to the nurse?" Mr Kai asked once more.
"I..I'm fine. Please don't ask me again."

~After class~

I shut my locker door and blinked hard. My vision was still slightly blurred so I couldn't see well. It was hard to see more than a metre in front of me.

My legs couldn't move any faster. Each step I took felt harder and harder, like I was being encased in ice. Damn it, the headache was back...I couldn't stay awake any longer...

No one's POV

(Y/n) collapsed, making the students around her gasp and back away. No one wanted to help her. She was 'weird', lonely and invisible. Nobody wanted to befriend a monster.

She was left on the cold, hard floor of the school. Shiori and Catherine had to hide their smirks and triumphant smiles. (Y/n) had fallen right into their trap.

No one knew what to do with the girl lying on the floor. Her body was translucent and she had just collapsed like a sickly patient. Everyone thought she was a contagious disease.

"Move out of my way."

The others all moved aside, afraid of the tone of his voice...Mikleo's voice. It wasn't mean or frightening...it was just cold and sharp.

He stared at (Y/n)'s sleeping body before lifting her off the ground. It almost seemed like he was afraid to hold her, not because he didn't like her but because he was scared that she would break.

Shiori tried hard to contain her growing anger. Catherine tried whatever she could think of to prevent Shiori from causing a scene. It was almost funny if one actually saw the two.

"Shiori, calm down. You know how Mikleo is. He's probably just helping her as a classmate since he's so nice,". Catherine exclaimed, unsure with her answer.
"I know but it seems like he cares about her more than he cares about me. What does she have that I don't? This doesn't make any sense," replied Shiori.
"Well, just calm down. Don't cause a scene when everyone's here."

Everyone moved out of Mikleo's way before he could even say anything. They were probably afraid of touching an invisible monster. Monsters were dangerous after all.

Mikleo's POV

"She'll be alright," Yuri reassured me.
"Are you sure?"
"*sigh* That's like the fifth time you've asked me. Yes, I am 100% sure. She just fainted from exhaustion."

I couldn't help but wonder if there was something more. Yuri said she only fainted from exhaustion but it looked a little different from that.

When I noticed (Y/n) in the hallway before, she looked pale and had bloodshot eyes. Dark bags had formed, signifying a lack of sleep and her movements were slow and painful.

It almost seemed like she was a living zombie. Was it even possible for a human to become like that? Wait, what was (Y/n)? A human? A seraph? I could sense both...

*sigh* It was no use thinking of all this without any sure answers. All I could do was wait for (Y/n) to wake up. I didn't know what she would think when she saw me but I needed to ask her.

I didn't want anything to do with her anymore. Damn it, why was it that every time I thought or spoke that, my heart ached? She wasn't cute, she wasn't caring- she wasn't anything!

Without realising, warm tears had dripped down onto my hands. I didn't bother wiping them away, but it was the moment when I looked up that I regretted my decision.

"Mikleo?...why are you crying?" (Y/n) asked, her voice barely a whisper.
"I-I'm not. Something just got in my eye."
"*smiles softly* You're lying. Why? Did you get bullied or something for bringing me here? Do you regret it?"
"No and no. I helped you with hope that you'd answer some of my questions."
"Sorry but I can't do that."

She slowly fell asleep again. A heavy sigh escaped my lips. Was I honestly not going to get anything from her today? It was probably a strain for her to force herself to stay awake anyway.

Wait, why the hell did I care about her well-being? I shouldn't care about someone who didn't care about me...