Chapter 25

(Y/n)'s POV

We had ventured into the ruins again. This time, we took a different path and avoided the traps that laid in wait for us. Without all the running and fear of getting crushed by an incoming ball, it became peaceful and tranquil.

Mikleo grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine as we walked through the giant palace-like building. I flashed a smile towards him, which he returned with a slight grin.

"Wow, look at all these ancient symbols," Rose commented.

She carefully traced them with her finger. I noticed Dezel watching her, his gaze never leaving her face. It almost seemed like he had a crush on her.

Yuma's eyes met mine before a large, knowing smirk overtook the gentle smile on his face. I simply watched in confusion as he put an arm around Dezel's shoulders and whispered something into his ear.

Around a few seconds later, he pushed Dezel forward, towards Rose. He stumbled over his steps before bumping into Rose, causing the both of them to fall.

Their faces were flushed bright red and each averted their gazes. The others all turned to look before teasing the two about getting together. I laughed as Yuma gave me a thumbs up.

"Awww, Rose, that's so cute. You should go on a double date with (Y/n) and Mikleo sometime," exclaimed Alisha.
"Yeah, why don't you?" Edna added with a smirk.
"S-shut it, you two!" Rose yelled.

Mikleo leaned against my back as he placed his head on my shoulder. I stiffened before relaxing. We listened to the girls argue about Rose's love life.

"What do you think?" Yuma asked as he stood beside us.
"About what?"
"Do you think he'll confess his feelings? Or will I need to give him another push?"
"I don't know, but what did you tell him before? When you whispered into his ear?"
"*smirks* That's a secret."

I pouted, which caused him to laugh.

"What are you guys talking about?" asked Mikleo.
"Isn't it obvious? Dezel likes Rose and I think she likes him back," Yuma replied.
"Hey, why don't we go explore some more?" Sorey asked while walking towards us.
"Yeah, sure. I don't mind."

Mikleo pulled me by the hand. I looked back at Yuma. He simply shrugged before following us. Zaveid joined us as well, bored by the others' teasing.

We walked in a peaceful silence as we uncovered more of the ruin's structure. Sorey, who had took the lead, turned to face us.

"Hey, want to race to the exit? We can split up into two teams," he exclaimed.
"Sounds fun," Yuma replied while smiling.
"Right, I'm gonna go with Sorey. You three can go together," Zaveid said while dragging Sorey by the collar of his shirt.

They were gone before we got a chance to protest. We sighed in unison.

"Let's get going, shall we?" Yuma asked while walking ahead.

We ran up to his side. Yuma grabbed onto my sleeve like a little child while I held Mikleo's hand. Suddenly, the ground shook with a tremendous force, like it did earlier.

"That Sorey!" Mikleo yelled in frustration.

Yuma and I laughed as Mikleo pulled us along the path. The shaking made the paths seem distorted and unfamiliar. But Mikleo's experience made it easy to conquer.

I struggled to keep up with the boys' fast pace. Yuma quickly turned around and piggybacked me. I held onto him as he ran to catch up to Mikleo.

After what felt like an eternity, we escaped the ruins. The night sky loomed over our heads like a protective dome. Yuma put me down before collapsing onto the grass.

Mikleo did the same while I simply sat beside the two. I quietly thanked Yuma, who just smiled in return. We heard the loud voices of our friends just beyond the bushes.

"Hey, I'm gonna go back," Yuma exclaimed while waving.
"Okay."

Mikleo sat up before lying back down on my lap. I blushed slightly, desperately hoping that the darkness of the night hid my red cheeks.

He was pouting a little when I looked at him. I tilted my head in confusion before realisation soon dawned on me. I smirked as I asked Mikleo the question.

"Were you jealous?"
"J-jealous? Why would I-I be jealous?" he asked while avoiding my gaze.
"Yep, you are jealous."

He suddenly sat up, almost knocking my head in the process. I backed away as he leaned in closer and closer. My heart was beating at an incredibly fast pace.

"M-Mikleo?"

Our noses were almost touching. I desperately hoped that he couldn't hear my heartbeat. But it was possible that he did from this distance.

He pulled me into a kiss. It was rough, like he was jealous. His desperate actions betrayed his words, which I found cute. I smiled into the kiss, making him pull away.

"Hey, you know that I love you, right?" he asked.
"Yeah-"
"You're mine so I won't let anyone else take you."
"Okay, whatever you say."
"But...you won't leave me, right?"

That last sentence was so quiet that I could barely hear it. But I reassured him with the three words that I would only ever say to him: I love you.

"*smiles* Let's go back to the others."

We made our way back. Rose immediately hid behind me as Alisha and Edna chased after her. They ran in circles around me, making me dizzy and wobbly.

With a sigh, Zaveid tripped all of them. The others burst out laughing as the three girls glared at the man who had caused their embarrassing fall.

"Dezel, just ask her out. Then all this will stop-"

Dezel sprinted to cover Yuma's mouth, who was struggling to breathe under his grasp. I sighed happily. I was glad to finally have a place to return to.