Sad Ending

(Y/n)'s POV

It had started to rain heavily by the time I got back home. The weather created a mood that contradicted the emotions that I had experienced throughout the day.

With a content sigh, I laid down and closed my eyes. The loud pitter-patter of the rain helped calm my heart and mind. It was strange, really. Although today was a good day, I had a bad feeling about tomorrow.

There was no point worrying about something that was probably just my stupid imagination playing tricks on me. Without another thought, I fell into a deep sleep.

~The next day~

Cold water was splashed onto my face, which forced me to wake up. I opened my eyes and noticed that I wasn't at home. This was a completely different place and I had no idea where.

My hands were chained up behind my hand but my legs and feet were free. I stood up and faced the person in front of me. The room was quite big but the walls were stained with dried blood.

I licked my lips and tasted the metallic flavour of blood. That was when I felt the bruises on my stomach and wrists. Geez, if they were gonna kidnap me, at least do it a little more gentler.

"You're awake," commented Catherine.
"What the hell are you doing?"
"Sorry but Shiori's parents need you for their plan. I do not want to die because of you."

So they decided to come after me in the end. Just when I thought that everything was all over, they backstab Mikleo and Sorey. But I should've expected that. It was Catherine and Shiori after all.

"Savour the last moments of your life, (Y/n). The lord of calamity will take your power soon. It's nothing personal."
"Catherine-"
"I'm sorry but this is the fate in which you must meet. You cannot have any other ending."

With that said, she left me by myself. I tried pushing against the door but it wouldn't budge no matter how hard I tried. I even attempted to use my power but it would just bounce back at me.

*sigh* Was this really how I'd end? Alone and unwanted in an unfamiliar place? I wanted Mikleo here...

Mikleo's POV

"Where's (Y/n)?! Where did you take her?!"

I pushed Shiori up against the wall and glared down at her shivering figure. She stared at me with wide, frightened eyes but I wasn't going to fall for her stupid tricks again.

"Where the hell did you take her?!"
"I-I didn't take h-her-"
"How long are you going to keep this up?! Are you really going to kill her just because of your unrequited love?!"
"Mikleo, I really don't know where she is! Why the hell do you always suspect me?!"
"Stop lying."
"I'm not! Please, just believe me this once..."

Then was it Catherine that took her? That was strange...I thought we agreed to end this. I let Shiori go and ran towards Catherine's house. She'd definitely know where (Y/n) was.

"Mikleo, let's go together," Sorey exclaimed.

I nodded and ran alongside him. We banged against the front door. Honestly, I had no time to worry about manners when my girlfriend's life was in danger.

"Mikleo, Sorey, give it up. She doesn't have much longer before the lord of calamity devours her soul," Catherine said through the intercom.
"Where is she?!"
"Even if I tell you, I doubt you'll make it in time."
"Where the hell is she?!"
"*sigh* I guess it'll be interesting to watch you suffer at the loss of your beloved."

An address was displayed on the small screen. Sorey and I immediately ran towards the abandoned factory. It wasn't too far from here so I was hoping that nothing had happened to (Y/n) yet.

We had to make it in time. I couldn't lose her. She had stolen my heart, I'd die without her beside me to keep me alive.

No one's POV

The lord of calamity had his fingers wrapped around (Y/n)'s neck. She was choking and clawing at him but he didn't budge one bit.

He was slowly extracting her soul along with her power. Soon, there'd be nothing left but a shell of what was once a girl with life.

"P-please...let m-me live..." (Y/n) choked out.
"Sorry, but I need you," he replied without any emotion nor mercy.
"I-I want...to...s-see him..."

Mikleo and Sorey ran in at that moment. They wasted no time in attacking the monster that stood before them. Despite all their attacks, the lord of calamity showed no sign of letting (Y/n) go.

But the girl was smiling. She knew that she would die today but was happy that she saw him one last time. Mikleo's eyes met hers before she mouthed 'I love you'.

"No! (Y/n)!"

They ran towards her but her soul was already gone by the time they got there. Without a soul, the body would just be an empty shell. The lord of calamity disappeared before the two boys could land their hits.

Mikleo immediately ran to (Y/n)'s limp body with endless tears running down his cheeks. He shook her, yelled out her name but nothing would save him from the harsh reality.

"(Y/n)...please, come back to me..."

Sorey walked to his friend's side and put a hand on his shoulder. Mikleo cried softly but on the inside, he was breaking. He was falling apart and dying.

A small light appeared in front of him before turning into a raven. The bird rested on the white-haired boy's shoulder. This only caused him to cry even more. Her reincarnation only made him sure that (Y/n) had died.

"Mikleo...let's go back..." Sorey said softly.
"...(Y/n)...left me alone...and I didn't...even get to say...I love you back to her..."