Chapter 11

A/N Hello and welcome to the story. I got no updates so we will begin. Enjoy!

3rd POV

In the team JNPR dorm we see Pyrrha looking out the window sadly, Nora jumping on her bed, and Ren reloading his weapons.

Nora "How come Jaune gets home so late." she keeps bouncing on the bed while saying this.

Ren "He's become rather scarce since he started fraternizing with Cardin."

Nora "That's weird... doesn't he know that we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our SLEEP!"

Pyrrha "I'm sure our leader know exactly what he's doing." she said with venom in her voice.

On the other side of the door we see Jaune looking through a crack in the door before sliding down the wall next to it.

Nora "Hmm... I guess so."

Jaune then closes the door not wanting to hear anymore of this conversation. Then Ruby walks out of her dorm in her pajamas. Then we see Y/N walking to his dorm slightly tipsy from testing out some of Remnants alcohol.

Ruby "Hey Jaune, long time no see! Did you lock yourself out of your room again." she said as she sat down next to Jaune.

This caught Y/N's attention as he also sat down with the two.

Y/N "Now hold on, Ruby ears." She covered her ears as this has been a thing that the two have worked out. "First off, what that fuck does she mean again? How have you locked yourself out multiple times? Second, why have you been hanging out with that bag of disappointment known as Cardin!"

Y/N then motions for Ruby to take her hands off her ears and she does.

Jaune "Don't worry..." he pulls out his scroll "I am not locked out. I got it right here."

Ruby "So, where have you been."

Jaune "I, uh... I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have and now Cardin has me on a leash, and Pyrrha won't talk to me, and..." he sighs before continuing. "I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea. I'm a failure."

Ruby "Nope."

Y/N "How does that help?"

Jaune "Nope?"

Ruby "Nope! You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure."

Jaune "But... what if I'm a failure at being a leader?"

Ruby "Nope."

Y/N "Jaune you can't be a failure because whatever you do it affects your entire team."

Jaune "You know Ruby, your not the easiest person to talk to. I mean even Y/N is being a bit more helpful and he  is drunk."

Y/N "Hey she hasn't even started first and also I'm not THAT drunk."

Ruby "Nope! Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid...  and you might've even been a failure the first day we met!"

Y/N "Nope, your right Jaune she is bad at this."

Ruby  "But, you can't be one now. You know why?"

Jaune "Why..."

Ruby "Because it's not just about you anymore. You've got a team now, Jaune. We both do! And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us. We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you." she walks over to her door "Have a goodnight, Jaune."