Volume 2, Chapter 1: Food Fight Epic Style

A/N- Hello and welcome back to Freedom Rings. Yes I know it's been a long time coming but it is here and it is better than ever. I hope you enjoy and I will talk to you all after the chapter.

3rd POV

We see a green-haired woman walking through downtown Vale during the midday lunch rush. As she is walking down the street, she sees an elderly man fall down a ladder a few feet in front of them. The green haired girl goes up to the elderly man and helps him to his feet.

Green Hair "(giggles) Excuse me, sorry. I'm not really from around here. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of this shop?"

She pulls out a paper from her back pocket and shows the man its contents. He then looks and points down the street. The green haired girl then begins to walk that way after thanking the man. As she passes a corner there are two men leaning on the wall. One has silver hair while the other has a black sheet being used as a mask to cover all of his face except his eyes. 

Silver Hair "I knew you were lost."

Green Hair "Mercury, I will seriously pay you to shut up."

She then pulls out a wallet from her back pocket.

Mercury "That's not your money."

Green Hair "But it can be yours for five minutes of silence."

Mercury "Mmmmm... no deal."

Green Hair "Fine."

Mercury "Whatever. You want me."

The three of them begin to walk down the street heading towards the location that the old man had told them about.

Mercury "So, how much farther?"

Green Hair "A few blocks."

Mercury " Ugh... this place is so dull."

Green Hair "Eh, I kinda like it. Tall buildings, diverse culture..."

Hooded Man "That's it's problem. It's diverse..."

Mercury "And nice dopey people who are easy to pickpocket are also a big problem."

The green haired girl stops in front of the group and turns towards them.

Green Hair "That's every city."

Mercury "Ooh, Emerald! Master thief! Please don't take my money! I barely have enough to get by!"

The hooded man hits Mercury on the back of the head.

Hooded Man "Quit screwing around! We're almost there."

Mercury rubs the back of his head and follows the hooded man. Emerald is at the door of the store waiting for Mercury and the hooded man to get to her. Together the three walk into the store. Mercury heads towards some books on the left while the hooded man and Emerald walk to the front desk. The owner seems to be in a back room while humming a tune. He does not notice the three as they enter until Emerald rings the bell on the desk.

Book Keeper "Be right there!" He then comes through the door to the back room with a large stack of books in his hands, blocking his vision. " Welcome to 'Tukson's Book Trade', home to every book under the sun! How may I-" He puts down the books and sees the three's faces and seems to recognize them. "How may I help you?"

Mercury "Just browsing..."

Emerald "Actually I was wondering... do you have any copies of 'The Theif and the Bucher'?

Book Keeper "Yes we do."

Emerald "That's great."

Book Keeper "Would you... like a copy?"