Volume 2, Chapter 4: Painting the Town Red with Communism

Hello and welcome back to Freedom Rings. Now before we start the chapter I have a question for all of you. Would you read a Stranger Things X Male Reader Fanfiction, if I made one? I just finished the show and have been wondering if I should make a book about it. That's all I have to say now enjoy the chapter!

Y/N POV

Penny had just told me and Ruby that she was an android or something close to it. I sat there thinking how the hell she was so... human. Meanwhile Ruby is trying to figure out what's happening.

Ruby "Penny... I don't understand."

Penny "Most girls are born, I was made. I'm the worlds first synthetic person capable of generating an aura. I'm not real." Her mood quickly changes to a sadder tone.

Ruby goes and holds her hands "Of course you are... You think that just because you got nuts and bolts instead of squishy guts makes you any less real than me?"

Penny "I don't... um... You both are taking this extraordinarily well."

Ruby "You are not like those things we saw back there. You've got a heart and a soul. I can feel it."

Y/N "Didn't she just tell us she was the first robot to have a soul?"

Ruby "Stop poking holes in my speech!"

Penny then began to hug Ruby and shake her back and forth "Oh Ruby! You're the best friend that anyone could ever have!"

I can see that her "hug" is slowly killing Ruby so I tap her of the shoulder. She notices what she's doing and quickly stops. 

Ruby "Ow... I can see why your father would want to protect such a delicate flower."

Penny "Oh, he is very sweet. My father is the one who built me!"

Y/N "So your father built you all by himself?"

Penny "Almost. He had some help from Mr. Ironwood."

Ruby "The general? Wait, is that why those soldiers were after you?"

Penny "They like to protect me too." 

Y/N "They don't think that you can protect yourself?" I say, remembering how she was destroying the White Fang at the docks.

Penny "They don't think I'm ready yet. One day, it will be my job to save the world. But I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world. I also want to test myself in the tournament."

Ruby "Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from what? We're in a time of peace."

Penny "That's not what Mr. Ironwood said..."

??? "Check down here!"

We all look to the source of the voice.

Penny "You two have to hide."

She then picks up Ruby and carries her over her head. I follow behind them. She throws Ruby into a trash can and I hop in after her.

Penny "It's okay guys, they're not bad people. I just don't want either of you to get into trouble. Now promise me you won't tell anyone about my secret. Okay?"

Ruby "I promise."

Y/N "Your secret's safe with me."

She then closes the lid to the trashcan. 

Guard "There she is!"

Penny "Salutations officers!"

Ruby open the lid to the can just enough so that we can see out.