2. Staring at you

~Present day~

•Lucy's P.O.V•

Half of my classes were finished which meant I had to eat lunch. Which is great since I have friends, and a table I sit at. Not likely, at least not today. I walked in the cafeteria. It was huge like a mall, well maybe I was over exaggerating a bit, but it was pretty big. I grabbed my tray, and stood at the entrance of table groups galore.

"Great, I'm a loner..." I sighed finding an empty table to sit at. I sat down at a table that was pretty clean, because I'm just crazy about germs! Well, I am, I guess. I grabbed my fork, and played with my food.

"Why couldn't I have stay home schooled? I mean the school year is more then half way over." I told myself quietly so no one else could hear.

"This blows..." I muttered as a girl with blue hair sat next to me.

"Hi, I'm Levy Mcgarden, why are you sitting all by yourself?" I looked at her confused, and looked around. Seeing if she was talking to someone else, but no one was around. I pointed to myself.

"Are you talking to me?" She giggled.

"Oh course I am, what's your name?" I smiled feeling welcomed.

"I'm Lucy." Levy giggled happily.

"Hi Lucy, as I said before I'm Levy!" I smiled, and she smiled. Some people came up behind Levy suddenly, which startled her.

"Oh! Hey guys!" She waved to them. I started to act nervous again, and looked away from them.

"Hey, Lucy, could my friends sit here with us?" Levy asked me sweetly.

"Uh, I mean I... Guess-" levy clapped her hands.

"Great!" She cheered. I thought Levy was nice, but it was awkward with others around. I just stayed quiet as everyone ate, laughed, and talked.

"So who's the Blonde girl?" A guy whispered to Levy.

"Oh right! Everyone this is Lucy! She's new!" I waved shyly.

"Hi..." I said quietly. Everyone said hi back. There were 8 people at the table, so I guess the table was pretty big, but it felt like everyone was close together, so I didn't know how the size was.

"This is Wendy, Jet, Droy, Natsu, Gray, and Erza." Levy pointed at all of them.

"We have more friends, but they don't have the same lunch time as the seven of us." Lucy nodded.

"So why'd you come to Fairy tail high?" Wendy, the little girl with dark blue hair asked me. I Shrugged

"My father thought I shouldn't be home schooled anymore, and should make friends, and find who I am." Wendy smiled.

"That's nice of him to let you go, but why so late in the school year?" Wendy asked another question.

"I don't know... I guess he thought of it just a few days ago or something..." Wendy nodded.

"We'll your gonna like it here." Erza said adjusting her glasses.

"It's super cool!" Natsu grinned.

"Not as cool as college though." Levy laughed.

"Your Lucky you guys leave high school this year... I have three more years." Wendy sighed.

"I wouldn't want to leave so fast, kid" Jet said. Everyone laughed at that, why? I don't know maybe he's slow, or fast, something.

It was the end of lunch, and I was throwing away my wrappers, and things when I noticed, Gray, staring at me, i blushed, and ignored it, which made him smile.