21. My Lyon

~next day~

•Lucy's P.O.V•

I looked at myself in the hospitals bathroom mirror. I wore a white tank top with a gray wool buttoned jacket. A red, and black mosaic short shirt, black converse, and my hair in a messy high ponytail. I was satisfied on how I looked, but not how I felt. I pulled some of my lose hair behind my ear, and opened my rooms door to see a girl with blue hair at my door. I hesitated frightened, but managed to smile at her. Another stranger.

"Hey there, I'm Levy, just to remind you." Oh yeah thanks for reminding me. She grabbed my hand, and pulled me along forcefully.

"Where are we going?" I said fearfully.

"School!" I was trembling.

"Sorry I didn't bring your uniform." She stocked her tongue out cutely.

When we got there I couldn't help, but see how deserted, and gloomy it looked on the outside, but the nature was magnificent. Inside it was way different from the outer, it was calm, normal, and more happier. We stopped running slowing our pace, when we came across Levy's friends.

"I'm Erza Scarlet, I'm in a few of your classes, and I'm at your lunch table. I hope you have a nice time here." She introduced when we were in her sight, and finished with a bow. A boy with orange spiky hair put his arm around me.

"Hey, beautiful." He winked at me. Pink spread across my cheeks.

"Beautiful?!" I squeaked. He laughed at me, it felt different, but also comforting to hear. My heart beated faster, I've never head someone say I was beautiful.

"And this shy guy is Lyon." Erza patted his back with a smirk.

"He's not shy around you though." Levy elbowed me. My blush reddened, and my jaw dropped, wiggling my fingers cautiously.

~later~

I was walking down some steps when I looked out a tall window next to the steps, i finished a few steps to get closer to the window. My curiosity got the best of me. I saw something beautiful. A huge tree that flowed slowly, and calmly. A garden was placed next to it with beautiful pink tulips, and pink roses. There laid a bench under the tree facing the garden.

"Hey, Lucy." I turned to see Lyon. They were right, he wasn't so shy around me. My cheeks began to heat up. He smiled. He stood in front of the glass facing me, he mixed with the format familiarly.

"Are you okay?" He must of noticed I was blushing, I hesitated before answering I nodded my head nervously.

"Really?" He asked unconvinced. It was very quite for a few moments it was like life was on mute.

"I just haven't gotten used to this..." I admitted shyly.

"Don't worry," He paused, staring into my eyes.

"Life will lift up soon."

~flashback~

Lyon sat on the schools park bench with a sad expression on his face.

"Lyon?" I said shyly tilting my head in front of his face, he lifted his chin, and looked at me tiredly.

"Why are you all alone?" I whispered with a giggle. We both had obnoxious blushes covering our faces from a lack of social experience.

"So how's your day going?" I asked kindly. He answered with a deep silence.

"You alright?" Lyon looked at me dead in the eyes with a confused worried expression, my smile had faded. Lyons eyes filled with sorrow, and he pulled his legs up to his chest, and hugged them.

"Don't worry," I paused seeing a glimpse of Lyons eyes eyeing me, and I smiled happily.

"Life will lift up soon." I scooted closer to him, and patted his head like a puppy.

~present~

I held my head, I had a massive headache, but I didn't know why. Lyon had turned away from me while I was experiencing difficulties. he seemed embarrassed?

"Lucy?" He said softly getting a little fidgety.

"W-we-" I looked at him as kindly as I could, but my heads pain was getting worse. He was to ashamed to look at me directly in the eyes.

"I mean, I... Do..." I pulled my hand away from my face forcing my whole attention to him. He slowed down his pace. He closed his eyes in a squint.

"I like you!" He opened his eyes his body all tensed up. Our bodies right across from eachother frozen in position, our eyes in contact, wild blushes across our faces, and sweat tickling our foreheads. For the first time i've been told i was loved. He stared at me for a while, then suddenly ran away.

"No, wait Lyon!" His words swirled my mind like an abyss. Then I had to run from it.

Life will lift up soon, he says, ha, not soon enough I say. I didn't know where I was going, running from my life is all.

Suddenly I chocked my head back to see pink hair. A immediate urge of emotion more then before filled me, bone, and blood.

"Lucy..." His eyes had dark circles under them. I shook my head stepping back.

"Natsu... Please... Not n-now..."