30. I Love You

~present~
~a month, 2 weeks after the crash~

•Lucy's P.O.V•

I try to walk as steady as possible.

"Your doing great." Levy says supportively coming up behind me. I smile brightly at her, and she giggles looking forward.

"Looks like you've got a lot of admirers. You look amazing." I blushed as Levy giggled while she ran ahead, and jumped into Gajeels arms. I walked slowly through the silent crowd to my friends on the other side of the room. A spotlight fell upon me, but I ignored it as it followed me still when I finally got to them. Still feeling an embarrassing amount of people looking at me I smiled brightly at all my friends faces.

Jet, and Droy are always by your side, even when you don't want them to be.

Mirajane is sweet, and kind.

Elfman was a real man.

Cana is always true to herself, and others.

Wendy, you can always depend on her.

Erza is relatable, and mighty.

Gajeel is strong willed.

Loke always makes me smile, and he's like a big brother to me.

Lyon, even if he attempted to kill me, he was smart, and a trustworthy friend.

Levy is my best friend. It's like even when I'm down she always finds a way to make things right.

Natsu is someone really dear to me. I don't know how I could live without him at all. He's powerful, respectable, gentle, energetic, talented, and compassionate. He's like a hero sent to me from the gods.

Gray Fullbuster. He's a dream come true. I know now he's different from everyone else. He doesn't just like me, he loves me. He's proud, and pure like a Prince Charming, but he knows his flaws, fears, and weaknesses. He's not afraid to shed a tear like a man should be. I love him with all my heart.

"Lucy... You look... Beautiful." Gray says a jaw at a gap.

"Close your mouth Gray or you'll catch flies." Loke said with a smirk. Gray blushed brightly looking from Loke, and back at me.

"I wonder who will be queen, and king of prom? Maybe Princess, and the Frog?" She giggled pointing at me, and Gray.

"Well the frog sure loves flies with the big jaw dropped that's for sure." Cana said elbowing Loke with a husky giggle.

"Stop tormenting the poor two." Mira said trying hard not to let out a giggle. I smiled at each of there faces. Mirajane, Jet, and Droy, Elfman, Cana, Wendy, Erza, Gajeel, Loke, Lyon, Levy, Natsu, and Gray. The fourteen of us together on this magical night as a great big family. It not only made me happy, but sad, maybe even more then that.

I guess Gray noticed my smile fade because he began to make a new conversation, "You wanna dance?" Gray asked calmly holding out his hand for me to take. I guess I was to deep in my own thought to notice the music started up again. I grasped his hand gently as he escorted me gracefully to the dance floor. I blushed, and put my open hand on his shoulder as we danced slowly to the slow music.

"Are you doing alright, it must of hurt to get up to come here." I shrugged unknown what to say.

"I just don't want you to think your forced to be here, or dance with me either." I shook my head slightly obnoxiously.

"No, I wanted to be here!" I said with a squeak. He smirked sweetly down at me which made me blush a dramatic red.

"Lucy," He pushed my hair behind my ear, "I know it's been a long, and pretty horrible few months you've been here, but... With all honesty I... Love... Loved being with you." He said blushing lightly.

"Gray..." I felt his face coming closer to mine our lips inches away. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, I felt so guilty, I felt as if I didn't deserve him, but I wanted to be with him, I needed him. I felt his warm breath of my face, "I love you." I whispered as I leaned forward, and pressed against his soft lips.

~flash backs~

"Hey Lucy!" I heard a mans voice call to me.

"Oh hi Gray, what's up-" Gray interrupted me quickly.

"Can I walk with you?" I nodded.

"Sure." He smiled with a happy sigh.

-

"Like it?" Natsu asked me, and I nodded.

"Yeah..." I touched the dust on a piano. He plopped down on the piano bench, and pushed a key, but then started to play beautifully.

-

I was silent like i couldn't find the words to sing. I was so lost, and frightened. I let go of her guitar letting everyone to gasp in fear as it crashed to the hardness of the stage. I began to sing soft, and slow. As if i was speaking my feelings to the crowd from my heart.

-

"Lucy!" Someone hugged me tight. I heard sniffles from them.

"Um excuse me, do you mind letting go..." I struggled, and pushed them away. I looked to see a guy standing there with a mixed emotion expression. Sad, Confused, Scared... I felt so guilty to be so... Rude.

-

Lyon sat on the schools park bench with a sad expression on his face.

"Lyon?" I said shyly. He looked at me slowly.

"Why are you all alone?" I asked.

"So how's your day going?" I asked another question kindly.

"You alright?" Lyon looked at me dead in the eyes, and my smile faded. Lyon pulled his legs up to his chest, and hugged them with a sad expression.

"Don't worry," I paused seeing a glimpse of Lyons eyes eyeing me, and I smiled happily.

"Life will lift up soon."

-

"Hey," I said smiling brightly looking into each of there eyes, "I love you three," I said a crack in my voice, "so much."

"I-I love you too." Gray said softly with a weary smile. My eyes widened surprised. Then they were out the door.

-

"Wait, Lucy!" Levy shouted. I raised my eye brows to see a massive car heading my way. The car was inches away. Now It was so close. I got hit really hard knocking my head on the street. I closed my eyes feeling my life pull from my grasp.

~present~

Suddenly more tears rolled down my cheeks my eyes brightening to new life.

"G-Gray?!" I pulled away from his lips slowly looking at his precious face.

"Lucy?" He tilted his head. I reached out, and touched his face. It felt as if I was touching silk.

"It's you." I said with a quivering smile.

"Wha-"

"I remember you." I cry happily wrapping my arms around his neck, and hugging him tightly. Still hugging him we pulled back to the group, I cried a while both happily, and sadly.

"Lucy got her memory back." Gray said almost still surprised. For a second everyone was silent, and the only thing playing was the beautiful slow song. Levy covered her mouth in tears. She grabbed me, and pulled me in a tight hug. Soon enough we were all, literally all, in a snug group hug.

I've fought so long just to remember what I forgot. Right now it's like a fairy tale, or fairy tail, same thing right?