28. Danger

~a month, a week, and 3 days after the crash~

~present~

•Grays P.O.V•

I rub my pink gloomy eyes, and take another glance at Lyon.

"W-W-How would you..." I ask, "How would you know that she got shot..."

"I love Lucy, too, you know..." He says his smile fading. My eyes widened, he not only shot Lucy, he loved her, but it doesn't make any sense.

"You took her away from me. You, and Natsu both." He said strictly.

"Lyon... This isn't y-you..." I said stepping back a little. Both our anger ascended powerfully, our eyes burning with hatred.

"Lucy, almost died from that shot." I said, a vein popping out of my forehead.

"You could've killed her!" I shouted clenching my fists tight in my palms. Lyon pulled out a gun slowly the intensity rising. My mouth at a gap I wanted to animosity punch him down, but what would hands to in this situation. I end up running. In a fight with my brother we're both equally matched, but he's got a gun this time. I can't win. The breeze bursting through my ears I run quicker, and quicker down the sidewalk. By habit I end up running to Lucy's house, and with the luck I have Natsu's there. Sigh.

"What the hell do you want?" Natsu says soft, but firm as he sees me. I breath heavily, and find the words.

"Please... Lyons... He..." I manage to spit out, but it's hard to understand.

"What..." Natsu says raising an eyebrow stepping forward. I step from the doorway leaving the door open as I enter.

"He did it Natsu. He shot Lucy." I say a crack in my voice as if I was pleading. Natsu's eyes widen, and he looks fired up now.

"He shot Lucy..." Natsu whisper shouts angrily.

"Natsu we need to protect her. No matter what." I say clearly my fear, and sadness lowering, and my strength, and anger building.

"We need to protect Lucy."

•Lucy's P.O.V•

"Who's there?" I say with fear throbbing at the bottom of my throat.

•Grays P.O.V•

"Where is he?" I mutter running down the street.

"Do you think we should go to the hospital?" Natsu shouts softly catching up to me. It just hit me like a rock to the head. He tried to shoot Lucy, that means he wants to kill her right? Where would he go to kill Lucy?

"The hospital..." I whispered, and nodded.

"He's going to kill Lucy."

•Lucy's P.O.V•

A creak appears at the door.

"H-hello, nurse?" I ask suspecting it was the nurse checking up on me.

"I'm not the nurse." A familiar low voice echoes through the room as I see a shadow like figure spot through the doors light.

"Then... Who are you?" I ask some what kindly holding on to my hope that I'm not in any danger.

"Oh you're just so sweet and gentle, beautiful, and smart just a perfect in every way." Sweat covers my forehead as my heart beats faster, and faster. Thump. Thump.

"Lyon is that you?" I ask a squeak peaking through my voice. A light structs as I see a pistol pointing at my forehead. The cold muzzle laying roughly at my temple.

"Lyon what are you-" I squeak loud, but get interrupted by both Gray, and Natsu at the doorway breathing heavily. I let out a loud cry tears filling my eyes, but Lyon covers my mouth making my pleads silent.

"Leave her alone," Gray said strictly his hands in front of him, "Don't do something you'll regret." Lyon smiled at his brother like he was speaking nonsense. Lyon pushed the gun at my temple.

"If you love her you'll let her live!" Gray shouted becoming worried. Lyon looked as if he was in thought. I looked at his index finger laying at the trigger, and It felt right. I started to cry tears, his grip against my mouth loosening as I began to sniffle, and sob.

The pistol still laying on my temple I said with a wild breath, "Pull it," I pleaded, "P-Please do it!" They all looked confused, maybe even frightened. They tilted there heads like cute dogs waiting for an order from there master.

"Just kill me..." I say closing my eyes shut. I felt the pistol being removed from my forehead. The coldness fleeting, and my satisfaction decreasing. Opening my eyes I see Lyon at my bed side almost at tears. I grabbed his hand, and held it tight.

"Lyon... It's alright." I said soft, and compassionate, my last tear falling off my jawline.

"There are times were we take the wrong turns. Like me," I smiled with a quivered lip.

"Sometimes I believe my life will never have its bright sides. I wanted you to pull the trigger because my pain won't stop growing, and I thought dying was the only solution. That's how it's been since I lost my memory, in fact I bet my whole life, but I wouldn't know, would I." I looked at each of there faces seeing there familiar features, them looking at me with mixed expressions, probably unamused.

"I t-think I'd be best if you all don't see me anymore..." I say biting my lip, and looking down feeling my heart ace.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered my eyes blurring from fresh tears. I looked up to see them slowly head out.

"Hey," I said smiling brightly looking into each of there eyes, "I love you three," I said a crack in my voice, "so much."