24. Thank You

~a month, a week, and 2 days after the crash~

~present~

•Lucy's P.O.V•

I know a little bit more about myself now. Levy told my about all she knew, but I know she didn't explain it all.

"Levy... I don't know what to do." I pleaded for help, after telling her about Gray, Lyon and Natsu.

"Honestly, I wanna help, but this is your decision." I nodded sadly my hope fading away.

"But," she paused, "I'll tell you this." My eyes sparkled again with hope.

"Love is more powerful than like." With that we bid our goodbyes, and went off to class before the bell.

Each class I avoided each of them, no eye contact, or any contact at all. I barely saw Levy, she was always in other classes, and when she was in mine, she'd be really focused with her work anyway. At lunch I sat in the girls restroom because I still didn't want to be around my old friends especially after the accident, plus it was to hard to not know them like always. You know you probably don't understand this, but the more I'm in this amnesia the more it hurts. And to see other people who know me, but I haven't ever seen them before is tragic. It's like a battle ground whatever you do next, and what you did in the past. Amnesia is just something you'll never want, or understand.

~later~

At break I was under a tree, next to a flower garden, the one I saw out that window that day. It feels like a special place. Like the one place that is relaxing, that makes you smile, and makes you feel fuzzy inside. That special place you have. That's the place, the only place I remember. I hear footsteps against the spring green grass. I look up quickly to see Gray looking as surprised as I am.

"Lucy, what are you doing here?" I bite my lip feeling my emotions again, but I don't want to show my weaknesses. I look away ashamed.

"I... Honestly feel complete here." I stutter softly. He sits by me on the bench, and scoots closer to me making me blush a light pink. I look at him when my tears are shut away, his smooth clear skin shinning, and his features, and hair perfect. He smiles down at me, and I shake my head noticing I had been staring.

"Complete, huh?" He has a happy sigh.

"It is pretty amazing out here." I nod uncomfortably. It's quiet, except for the birds chirping in the background.

"W-why do you like me?" I stuttered embarrassed looking at him, a blush spreading across our faces.

"Why do I?" He asks himself with a whisper.

"Well, your just so... Amazing, caring, talented... Your just perfect..." His blush reddens. It was quiet again, until I say, "Thanks... Gray..."