Malfoy's Mishap

Harry sat up fast, gasping for air as he did so. He rubbed his eyes and groaned lowly as he lied back down onto the bed. 

Another nightmare. 

Hogwarts in ruins. 

He had been running through the corridors destroyed corridors, the sounds of spells being cast and people screaming rung through his ears.

He had been finally cornered in the Headmaster's office, nothing to defend himself with. The undead bodies of Fred Weasley, Remus Lupin, Lavender Brown, Nymphadora Tonks and Colin Creevey stalked toward him.

Harry could no longer recall what had happened from that point, he simply rolled onto his side and stared at the wall beyond Malfoy's bed.

+ + +

Harry felt dread settle in his stomach when he glanced at the watch on his wrist and saw that it said that there were merely five minutes until the end of the day.

He had received a note from McGonagall at breakfast that he was to attend the first of his tutorials with Malfoy that afternoon. He was still not permitted to leave the Hospital Wing until further notice so all rendezvous with the Slytherin had to be performed under the watch of Madame Pomfrey, who Harry is sure, would not be happy with this arrangement.

It wasn't just the cranky school nurse that Harry was anxious about. This was to be the first conversation he was going to have with Malfoy after the war. The boys had always been on opposite sides of the fence, in their ideas and in where they sat in the Great Hall.

When the bell finally rang Harry took his time putting his things into his bag and did not change his pace when he could feel both Ron and Hermione glaring at him.

"Can you just be a grown-up about this?" Hermione chastised as Harry finished placing his Standard Book of Spells Grade 7 into his bag.

"It's Malfoy," said Ron. "Even after Harry saved his ass last year, he's still a git."

"Neither of you has attempted to have a conversation with him yet, how are you so sure he's still a git?" Hermione rolled her eyes, grabbing Harry by the wrist and dragging him out of the classroom. Harry and Ron didn't say anything in response, they just shared the same look they always did when they knew Hermione was not in the mood to argue with them.

Hermione proceeded to drag Harry Potter across the school to the Hospital Wing with Ron following behind laughing his arse off. Many students stopped in their tracks as they watched the spectacle of bushy-haired Hermione Granger dragging the Chosen One down stone corridor after stone corridor as a mother would drag her moody toddler out of a toy store.

No matter how hard Harry insisted that he would go, Hermione did not let up. Eventually, Harry got the message and caught up to Hermione's pace but the girl never loosened her iron grip on his wrist. He continuously looked back to Ron, trying to get him to help but he refused, simply stating that it was too funny and that Hermione did have a point.

Harry grumbled to himself about how of an unhelpful friend he was being, intentionally loud enough so that he could hear.

"That was easy wasn't it, or are you going to need me to hold your hand as you go in?" Said Hermione in a patronising tone as they arrived outside the doors to the Hospital Wing.

"I'm fine thanks," grumbled Harry.

Hermione nodded and walked off, placing an arm on Ron's bicep as she did to make sure he wasn't going to encourage Harry to do anything dumb. He did, however, glance over his shoulder at him and mouth 'Good Luck' which Harry received with a grim smile.