Quidditch in the Snow

Harry's eyes fluttered open and he received a blurry view of Ron's bedroom ceiling as he had done every morning for the last week. Except today was different. Today there was another presence in the room. Also, it was Christmas Day.

Harry rolled onto his side to face Malfoy who seemed to still be sleeping peacefully. Draco had never looked so worry free. His face was not scrunched in disgust or furrowed in anger.

Draco opened his eyes slowly. He looked up at Harry through his eyelashes and Harry felt the same feeling he felt last night on the tree stump.

"You done being creepy?" Draco whispered, smirking as he rubbed his eyes with the heel of his hands.

"No," Harry chuckled, keeping his tone low as to not wake Ron.

"What time is it?" Draco yawned.

Harry rolled over to his other side where he reached down to grab his watch which lay on to of his sneakers on the floor.

"Six thirtyish," Harry rolled back to face Draco who was now a lot closer than he remembered. Draco bunched up the duvet under his chin. Something was up with Malfoy, why was he acting in such a vulnerable manner?

"Merry Christmas, Draco."

"Merry Christmas, Potter."

+ + +

The living room of the burrow was filled with Weasleys. Though Fleur matched Draco's complexion, the Malfoy still stuck out like a sore thumb.

Draco, Harry and Ron sat by the fireplace in their pyjamas as the Weasley Christmas began.

The brightly coloured pile of presents in the middle of the room slowly depleted over the morning as one by one, someone would pluck one from the pile and pass it to the intended receiver. 

Harry received a scarlet sweater from Molly as he did every year. This one had a large 99 on the back with his last name above it. Ron Ginny and Hermione all got one too. George got him a package of various Wizard Wheezes merchandise, Ron gifted him a box of broom biscuits that flew around while you tried to eat them, Hermione bought him a study journal which he pretended to love, and an array of presents from the other Weasleys like socks and sweets.

Sharing some Sherbet Lemons with Draco, Ron dumped one last present into Harry's lap.

"You didn't have to get me two," Harry smiled.

"I didn't," Ron sat back down next to him. "It's not our paper either."

"It's mine," Draco said quickly, looking down at his lap. "I saw it in the Prophet and imagined you'd like it. I apologise."

"No, no need," Harry placed a hand on Draco's forearm. "If I knew I would have gotten you something."

Draco pulled his arm away and folded them. "It was after you left, I don't care. Just open it."

Harry frowned but carefully tore open the package.

"A call-back snitch!?" Ron read the gold letters on the box. "Wicked!"

"Yeah," Draco smiled a little at Ron's enthusiasm. "Just give it a word and it will come back to you immediately, they say from anywhere in the world but I doubt that."

"Thank you Draco," Harry held the box gently. "I'll get you something, I promise."

"Please don't," Malfoy huffed.

It was then that Harry had an epiphany. A memory of something that was buried somewhere in Ron's room that Harry never imagined would find its proper home.