Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests

It was Tuesday afternoon and Harry was already confident in saying that the next two weeks were going to be the worst of his life. The N.E.W.T exams were definitely living up to their name. Harry has just come out of the Herbology practical exam and yesterday he sat his Charms exams.

"I reckon I did alright there," Ron said as the group of N.E.W.T students heading up to the castle. "I definitely failed the paper this morning but hopefully I made up for it."

"I don't care anymore," Harry groaned. "I'm going to bed."

"Like hell you are!" Said Hermione. "You both have Defense Against the Dark Arts tomorrow. The paper in the morning, and a practical exam in the afternoon! You're not sleeping until you've had at least an hour of study."

Harry and Ron groaned. This was hell on Earth.

They eventually found themselves back in the Eighth year common room where the few students who decided not to continue with Herbology past their O.W.Ls. One of these students was Draco Malfoy, at a desk bent over a textbook, who smiled at Harry as he dragged himself across the common room.

"Potter, you have dirt on your cheek," Draco said, a disgusted look on his face. Harry rolled his eyes and rubbed it off before wandering over and pulling up a chair next to his boyfriend.

He dropped his head on the desk and immediately felt Draco's hand running through his dark hair.

"Already eager to give up?" Draco asked.

Harry turned his head so he was looking up at Malfoy. "I'm just glad that I never have to step foot in that sweltering greenhouse again."

"Fair enough," Draco returned to what he was writing.

"What are you up to?"

"Patronus theory."

"Oh."

"And I bet you still haven't tried to procure one, have you?" Draco sighed.

Harry grumbled instead of responding with anything intelligent.

Draco stood abruptly dragged Harry up from where he was sitting by his wrist. "Come on."

Harry looked across the room to Ron and Hermione who were just laughing as Draco pulled him toward the boy's dorm.

Once inside, Draco slammed the door and looked Harry dead in the eye. "Try."

"What? I can't!" Harry pleaded.

"No, you won't," Draco folded his arms. "Get your wand out. Try."

"What if I fail?"

"Then you fail," Draco shrugged. "But at least you tried instead of being a self-pitying, lazy, arse."

Harry glared at the Slytherin for a few seconds before slowly pulling his wand from his robe.

"What was your happy memory before?" Draco asked. "And why doesn't it work now?"

"Hagrid telling me that I was a wizard," Harry looked to the floor. "Learning that I was worth more than what my aunt and uncle told me."

"Positively adorable," said Draco in a deadpan tone. "So why does it no longer work?"

"Well, before I knew I was a wizard, I didn't have an attempt on my life every five seconds," Harry snapped.

"Fair enough. So think of a new happiest memory," said Draco. "Preferably something that has happened since the war."

"Well, what about you?" Harry frowned. "Why is this all on me?"