Ch. 1

Hermione's POV, September 2002

I almost didn't hear Harry come into my office, looking up to see him smiling at me from the doorway. A quick glance at my watch made me groan and know exactly what Harry was going to say.

"Shouldn't you be home already?" He asked as he leaned against the doorframe. "I know Ginny's supposed to be meeting you there."

I sigh and set down the papers I was looking at. "Yes. Though I suppose I can just floo to your house and pick her up. I just got caught up in this new case I have. It's been an interesting one."

"You'll have to tell me about it at breakfast this weekend," Harry said with a smile.

"You know I can't give details of the cases," I replied sternly.

"Just like how I can't give details of my missions, and yet you and Ginny always know where I'm going and what I'm doing," He retorted as he sat in one of my chairs and clasped his hands over his stomach, leaning back with a smug grin. "I already know that all of your cases are about werewolves. Just tell me if I need to worry about them and I'll be satisfied."

I shook my head at him. "You're ridiculous. Have you heard from Ron at all?"

"He left the office already, so I can only assume he's waiting at your apartment for you," Harry shrugged. "How's the wedding planning going?"

I groaned inwardly and put my head in my hands. "It's been so difficult, Harry. He's already said we need to put the wedding off so our original date is no longer correct on the invites, and he doesn't seem excited about it at all. Anytime I try to bring it up, he gets quiet and only gives me one or two word answers, when I really just want his input. It's his wedding too, after all."

Harry gave me a concerned, sympathetic look. "Do you want me to talk to him? Or better yet, have Ginny talk to him?"

I laughed quietly. "No, it's okay. I'm hoping that we can talk about it tonight, since we're supposed to plan. But since your wife is joining us, I suspect that we will be able to finally get more done because you know she won't let him slip out of the planning."

"Very true," Harry said with a smile. Then he stood up and put his hands in his pockets, eyeing me suspiciously. "You look tired, 'Mione. Have you been sleeping alright?"

If anyone else had asked me that, I would have jinxed them. But I knew Harry didn't mean anything bad by it. I sighed and cast a silencing spell on my doorway to make sure no one passing by would hear me. "I have been having some nightmares lately. Nothing serious, but it's been disrupting my sleep a lot."

The concerned look returned in his eyes. "Do I need to get you some Sleeping Draught? I have an extra couple of bottles at my house."

I waved him off and gave him a small smile. "It's alright, I'll be okay. It's just more bothersome than anything."

"I know, but at the same time I know you're also working your arse off, and you can't really afford to miss a few nights of sleep." Harry was giving me a stern look now, almost reminding me of McGonagall looking down at me over the rim of her glasses.

With a sigh, I stood up as well and started to gather my things as I said, "If they carry on through the weekend, I'll let you know. But they've only happened maybe once or twice a week for the past month or so."

"The past month?!" Harry exclaimed. "Hermione, why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Because I didn't want you to worry like you are!" I replied. "Harry, you have your own problems to worry about and I don't want to add to them. Just promise me you won't tell Ginny or Ron."