Ch. 42

Draco's POV

I could tell Hermione still felt bad about Krum kissing her when we met up with Pansy and Blaise that next morning even though she tried to hide it well. Her usual brightness was missing from her smile, and it seems I wasn't the only one who noticed.

"Is everything alright with Hermione?" Pansy asked, pulling me aside in the small kitchenette while Blaise and Hermione talked on the couch. "She's looking a little more down than normal."

I frowned and looked back at my fiancée before looking back at Pansy. "She feels guilty. You remember Viktor Krum?"

"Yeah, the Bulgarian who was in the Tri-Wizard Tournament for Durmstrang," Pansy nodded. "Didn't they go meet up for coffee yesterday?"

I nodded, and she scowled at me as she asked, "You're not making her feel bad for meeting him, are you?"

"Absolutely not!" I glared at her. "He decided it was a good idea to kiss her, and she feels guilty that it happened."

Pansy's eyes widened as her mouth dropped open. I nodded and sighed, looking back at Hermione as I quietly went on. "I told her I wasn't upset with her, but she clearly is still bothered by it."

"Do you want me to talk to her?" Pansy asked, giving Hermione a worried look.

"Yeah, that would be great actually. Hopefully it'll help." I sighed. "It may take a few days for her to stop being upset about it."

"Maybe she thinks you're actually upset and just don't want to tell her," Pansy suggested before patting my arm. "Don't worry, I'll talk to her during the match about it."

"Thanks, Pans," I said, giving her a smile.

She nodded and we made our way to the couch to join the conversation. Blaise was telling Hermione about a new potion we were attempting to develop to help with lycanthropy.

Hermione looked up at me as I sat down next to her and asked, "Draco, why didn't you tell me you were working on this potion?"

"Because it's nowhere near ready and I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up," I answered, scowling at Blaise.

He simply shrugged and said, "I figured Hermione might be able to help with some input, considering it is pretty much her line of work."

"That's a good idea," Pansy added. "She deals with werewolves more than either of you two."

"I honestly didn't want to bother her with everything that is going on," I admitted, rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "She's been incredibly busy with her cases, not to mention everything else that happened recently."

Hermione gave me a soft smile and took my hand, giving it a squeeze. "I appreciate that, but you know I have a lot of information on the subject to contribute."

I smiled at her and kissed the back of her hand. "I know, love. But truthfully the potion is in the developing stages; we haven't even started brewing it or testing it."

"Oh, okay," She nodded, before looking down at her watch. "Well, should we get going? The match is going to start in about an hour."

We all nodded and a few minutes later, we were making our way through the crowd of witches and wizards that were all trying to enter the stadium. Hermione's hand squeezed mine as she stepped closer to me to avoid bumping into the people passing by, and I wrapped an arm around her waist to pull her right next to me.

"Is Harry going to be meeting us in the box?" I asked, looking down at her.

"I believe so," She answered, looking around. "I don't see him around so it's possible he's already there."