Ch. 45

A/N: I know I don't ever do these at the start of the chapter, but I completely forgot to include Hermione's dress in the last chapter so here it is!

Hermione's POV

The change in Draco's demeanor was very noticeable after dinner; he was almost carrying himself as proudly as he did back at Hogwarts. It was wonderful seeing him this happy again, and any fears I still had started to slowly fade away the longer we stayed.

Draco and his father were discussing Draco's business and things that he and Blaise had changed. Lucius (which he insisted I call him) was very interested in all of the changes that were made and how well the company was doing.

I felt a slight nudge on my arm and looked up to see Narcissa standing behind me. I couldn't help but jump in surprise at realizing she was behind me, but she gave me a very sheepish look.

"My apologies, dear," She said quietly. "I probably shouldn't sneak up on you like that."

"It's alright, Mrs- I mean, Narcissa," I corrected myself quickly.

She smiled and then waved me to follow her. "Come on; they're going to be talking about the business for hours and I can't imagine you find that interesting."

I chuckled slightly and stood up, giving Draco a quick kiss before following Narcissa out of the sitting room. She smiled as I appeared next to her.

"Actually, Draco's business is quite fascinating," I explained. "He said that he and Blaise are working with different teams to develop a new potion to help with lycanthropy."

"Ahh, I can see how that would interest you," Narcissa said, smiling.

She led me up a flight of stairs in silence before looking over her shoulder at me and asking, "So, when are you two planning on getting married?"

I paused slightly before remembering that they knew we were engaged and I said, "We honestly haven't really talked about it. We were trying to keep everything somewhat quiet considering everything that has happened."

She gave me a curious look and I asked, "Do you get the Prophet?"

"Oh of course not," She said, waving me off slightly. "Not after Lucius's trial and the horrible articles that were written about it."

"Ah." I thought quietly for a few moments, trying to decide how much to tell her before sighing and looking down at the floor. "Well, I was previously engaged to Ginny's brother, Ron."

"And that clearly didn't work out," She commented, raising an eyebrow.

"No, it didn't, and I'm very happy that it didn't," I said. "He...strayed during a night of drinking in late September and the Prophet got pictures of him snogging the girl, but he admitted to a lot more when I confronted him about it, so I ended the engagement."