Ch. 40

Hermione's POV

"Draco, hurry up! Blaise and Pansy will be here any moment!"

It was three weeks later, the week of Ginny's quidditch match, and she couldn't have been more ecstatic that we were all going to her game.

"I'm almost ready," Draco called back from the bathroom. "Just be patient!"

There were two faint pops in the living room and I sighed, grabbing my bag. "They're here; I'm going out to meet them, just come out when you're ready."

I walked out of the bedroom to see both Blaise and Pansy smirking. Pansy gave me a side hug and asked, "He still takes forever to get ready? You'd think he would've trimmed down his time in the morning after he stopped slicking his hair back with gel."

"Hey!"

Draco scowled at Pansy as he entered the living room, his bag in hand and a coat draped over his arm. "I don't take that long."

Blaise snorted at this and shook his head. "Whatever you say. When is the portkey supposed to go off?"

I checked my watch and said, "Here in about three minutes. Draco, do you have it?"

"Right here!" He held up a baseball bat proudly.

I raised an eyebrow at him and said, "That's what they gave you?"

"Yeah, it's like an oversized beater's bat," He replied, inspecting the wooden bat. "They said it should blend in and would be easy to hide."

I shook my head and didn't say anything else as Draco stopped next to me, kissing my temple. Blaise grinned at me and then asked, "So, when is the wedding?"

Draco sighed and put a hand on his forehead. "Blaise, not now...."

"What? I've been wanting to ask that since you got the ring!" He said innocently.

I felt my face grow warm and I couldn't hide my smile as I shifted my weight awkwardly. "We, uh...we haven't really talked about it yet."

"I thought the consensus was that we weren't going to make it public until after New Year's," Pansy said, glaring at her husband.

"I don't remember being a part of that conversation," Blaise shrugged.

Pansy rolled her eyes and I laughed slightly, looking at Draco. He smiled at me and looked at his watch. "Looks like we've got one minute."

He held the bat out and I grabbed it close to his hand while Blaise and Pansy grabbed the wider end. Blaise then looked up at Draco and asked, "Where exactly are we going to be landing?"

Draco grinned. "We'll be landing just outside our tents at the quidditch stadium."

"Our tents?" Pansy asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course." Draco laughed slightly. "Did you think the four of us would be sharing a tent? Hermione would be scarred for life!"

Pansy gave him a very offended look but any words were cut off by the portkey suddenly going off. I cringed at the uncomfortable feeling of being hauled away, closing my eyes and waiting for the spinning to stop.

My feet landed firmly on the ground and it took a few moments for me to be able to open my eyes. We had landed in the middle of a large area filled with tents that reminded me of the quidditch tournament that I went to with the Weasleys before fourth year. Chills went down my spine but I was comforted by Draco wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me closely.