Ch. 27

Hermione's POV

I couldn't help but laugh to myself at how nervous Draco was right now. My parents had invited me over for lunch a week after my failed meeting with Ron, and I decided this was the perfect opportunity for them to meet Draco.

He was standing in front of my mirror, fixing his tie for the millionth time and I rolled my eyes, coming up behind him. "You don't need to wear a tie, Draco."

"I need to make a good first impression," He stated nervously. "I can only imagine what all you've told them about me."

"I just told them there was an annoying prat at school," I shrugged. "I didn't tell them it was you."

He frowned in the mirror and redid his tie again. I sighed and whirled him around, pulling the tie off his neck and tossing it onto the bed before putting my hands on his cheeks.

"You look very handsome just the way you are," I said with a smile. "The tie would be overdoing it, I promise."

"Are you sure?" He asked, looking down at his outfit. He was wearing a very nice black button-down and dark grey slacks, which both fit him very well.

I nodded and gave him a quick reassuring kiss. "I promise."

He smiled finally and returned the kiss. "So this is not too much?"

"Maybe roll your sleeves up to the elbow," I said, looking him up and down. "You look like you're going to a fancy dinner otherwise. It's just tea and lunch with my parents."

"Again, first impressions," He said as he started to roll his sleeves up. Then he nodded at me and asked, "What are they going to say about your arm?"

I looked down at the almost fully healed wounds from my splinching. They were still fading into the skin, and the healing salve was helping them disappear and preventing them from scarring. I shrugged and went to search through my closet for a sweater. "They know what happened, so I'm sure they're expecting something."

"They're not going to blame me for that, are they?" I heard him asked from the bedroom as I walked into the closet.

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. "They know it was Ron's fault."

"Just making sure!"

I shook my head and sighed, pulling down a large grey sweater to go over my shirt. My parents liked to keep their house moderately warm, but the sweater was light enough that I should be alright.

Stepping back out, I stopped and looked at Draco, smiling as I leaned against the doorframe. He was starting to spend the night at my apartment at least every other night (he finally dropped the excuse that he was making sure I wasn't reopening my wounds and admitted that he just wanted to spend time with me), and some nights I would spend at his apartment. It was nice actually, having two places to go back and forth between. They both felt like home now, especially when he was there with me.

"What?"

I was brought back out of my thoughts by him looking at me curiously, and I shook my head with a smile. "Oh, just got lost in thought."

He smiled in return and kissed my forehead before asking, "Are you ready?"

"I should be asking you that," I laughed.

"Probably," He said, tilting his head back and forth. "But I know that if I say no, you'd still make me go regardless."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I would never make you do anything you didn't want to do."