Ch. 31

Hermione's POV

The next week passed by quickly, and soon it was Friday night, the night of Ginny and Harry's Halloween party. It was a little late considering that Halloween was during the week leading up to it, but no one minded, especially since it was another reason for everyone to get dressed up.

I was able to convince Draco to go as Hades and Persephone, which he seemed excited about after I explained who they were. His only concern was that we would have to explain who we were to everyone.

"That's part of the fun!" I said from the bathroom as I worked on my makeup. I decided to go with a very earthy, natural look since most of the attention would be on the leaves and flowers in my hair. "And it's not like we'll have to remind them after we've already told them."

"No, but are they going to know who we are even after we say their names?" He asked from the bedroom.

"It's just a simple explanation," I shrugged. "They are the Greek god and goddess of the Underworld."

"I guess that works."

I smiled slightly and shook my head, finishing my makeup and moving on to working on my hair. I was going to wear it down and loose, taming the locks into beachy waves. Thankfully it didn't take long, using a mix of Sleekeazy's and hair-controlling spells that Ginny had taught me. After that was done, I pinned back a couple of locks that were on the side of my head towards the back and conjured up many flowers. I placed them around my head, pinning them into the curls in a way that resembled a crown and added a few leaves between the flowers.

 I placed them around my head, pinning them into the curls in a way that resembled a crown and added a few leaves between the flowers

When I was satisfied with the finished look, I left the bathroom to see Draco finishing up his robes

When I was satisfied with the finished look, I left the bathroom to see Draco finishing up his robes. He managed to get Pansy to fashion our costumes, and I was delighted to see how they had turned out. Of course, my dress looked a bit more formal, but I still liked it and it fit with the vision I had.

Draco's costume was a set of black draping robes that were pinned up at his left shoulder with a large, gold button. He had a black cloth belt that went around his waist, and he had matching black sandals. He frowned in the mirror and said, "I look like I'm wearing a dress."