Ch. 7

Hermione's POV

We turned around to see Draco standing behind us, staring at Ginny's new cat ears. "What in the name of Merlin happened to you?"

Ginny groaned as she nodded her head back towards George's shop. "I was voluntold to help demonstrate my brother's new product in his joke shop."

Draco looked at the shop and then back at her before laughing. "I must say, they look good!"

I laughed as Ginny brought her hands up to her ears and felt them, asking, "You really think so?"

He simply grinned. "They match your hair."

Then he turned to me and asked, "How are you doing, Hermione?"

I shrugged. "Fairly normal for someone who's just broken off her engagement. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I was just getting an order for the apothecary here, making sure that they have everything they need," He said, pointing a thumb over his shoulder at the shop behind him. "Blaise and I own that shop."

"Big surprise there," Ginny muttered under her breath.

Draco missed her comment and then gave us a smile. "So what are you two up to today? I didn't think Diagon Alley would be where two witches go to have fun."

I frowned slightly while Ginny spoke up, "Oh, I'm making sure Ron can't find Hermione after the stunt he pulled earlier, so I thought I'd take her here since this is the last place anyone would expect us to spend a Saturday. I'm treating her to a girls' day."

Draco's brow furrowed. "What did he do?"

Ginny bit her lip as she realized her mistake and then looked at me as she said, "Well, Ron may have chased her around half of London earlier in a desperate attempt to talk to her."

"What?" Draco exclaimed, looking at me. "Are you serious?"

I nodded sadly. "He showed up in my apartment wanting to talk and wouldn't leave when I asked him to, so I apparated away and he kept following me. He's just been so unpredictable since the war, and I think the horcrux affected him the most out of him, Harry, and I."

Ginny nodded in understanding while Draco looked away, his jaw clenching from anger. I watched him take a deep breath before he turned back to me and said, "Do you think he'll try it again?"

"I don't know," I said with uncertainty. "I mean, I started putting up anti-apparation charms Wednesday night and just forgot to put them up today. And after I left him with Harry, he hasn't tried to find me. Though of course it could be that he doesn't know where I am."

He was silent for a few moments, just watching me. I shifted uncomfortably as I wondered what he was thinking about, but I didn't have to wait long.

"Maybe you need to move," Draco suggested. "Find a new place to live where he wouldn't know the location."

I looked at him and then at Ginny, who shrugged. "It's not a bad idea. Just to a place where Ron wouldn't be able to apparate to. If anything it can be temporary until this all blows over."

I bit my lip. "I don't know. I wouldn't even know where to go."

"What about your parents?" Ginny asked.

I shook my head. "I don't want to bring them into this if things get out of hand. They're already angry with Ron. I can only imagine what my father would do if Ron just all of a sudden appears in their living room looking for me."