Ch. 41

Hermione's POV

"I still don't know if I'm comfortable with you going to meet him," Draco said from the bed.

I sighed and set my brush down on the small vanity, turning around to face him. "Draco, I've told you that you can come along if you're so uncomfortable."

His mouth formed a thin line and he shook his head. "I'm not going to be that kind of fiancé."

I smiled, and he raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"It's just nice hearing you say that," I laughed.

He finally smiled and looked down at the ground. "It's nice saying it too."

"Draco, I'm going to be fine," I said, crossing the small space and sitting down next to him. "He can't be worse than anything else I've dealt with."

"I know..." He sighed again and reached out to pull me against him. "I don't know why I'm so worried about this."

I rested my head in the crook of his neck and asked, "Is it because we're in a different country and you're not going to know where exactly I am?"

"That sounds about right," He chuckled. Then he sighed and gave me a squeeze. "I just want you to be careful."

"I will," I said quietly. "Nothing's going to happen, and I'll be sure to tell you everything that does happen."

He kissed my forehead and smiled. "I trust you."

About an hour later, I was waiting outside of the arena somewhat nervously. Random witches and wizards would pass by me, giving me a small smile or a nod as they did. I returned the gestures and continued to look around, waiting for Viktor.

"Ah, there you are!"

I turned around to see him walking through the tents up to me. I smiled and said, "Good morning, Viktor!"

He smiled in return and asked, "Are you ready?"

After I nodded, he held his arm out for me and I hesitantly rested my hand in the crook of his elbow. He looked forward and apparated us away. We landed in a small alleyway behind a building, and he squeezed my hand before dropping his arm and leading us out from behind the building.

"So," He started pleasantly as he held the door open for me. "You are engaged to Draco Malfoy?"

I nodded with a smile. "A little over a month, yes."

"I read about the horrible things that Veasley had done after our meeting yesterday," He answered gravely. "I must say, I am appalled at vot he did."

He led us to a small table off in the corner of the small café and I looked around, asking, "Is this a muggle café, Viktor?"

"Yes, it is!" He smiled. "I didn't vant to bring any attention to us in a vizarding café. Do you know vot you vould like?"

I saw a waitress slowly making her way over to us and I quickly answered, "Tea is fine, black tea."

He nodded and gave me a small smile before turning to look at the waitress who had stopped at our table. She looked between the two of us while asking something in Bulgarian, and after Viktor answered, she nodded and walked away, smiling at the two of us.

Turning back to me, he said, "I missed your letters. I am sorry for not continuing to send them."

"It's okay, Viktor," I said, waving him off. "I suspect we both got busy with our lives after everything that has happened. Speaking of, what are you doing with your life right now?"