Ch. 5

Hermione's POV

The three of us protested after Draco apparated us to lobby of one of the nicest restaurants in wizarding London.

"Malfoy, we can't afford this!" Harry muttered quietly so that the surrounding people couldn't hear.

"Nonsense, it's my treat, Potter," Draco said simply before going to the host. "Table for four in one of your private rooms."

The man nodded and led us towards the back of the restaurant. I felt very out of place in my jeans and oversized jumper, since every other witch and wizard was clad in suits and expensive dresses. Our group certainly got a few stares as we passed through since Ginny was dressed just as casually in a t-shirt and shorts while Harry was in a nice shirt and slacks, and we gladly escaped into the room as soon as we could.

The room was beautifully decorated with soft white walls and gold light fixtures, including a chandelier over the table. There were windows on the wall opposite of the door that flooded the room with light, and were the only way to see into the room other than the glass door. There was a round table in the center of the room made of dark wood that had four chairs evenly spaced around it. The menus were already on the table, and Draco gestured for us to all sit.

I was thankful that the table was round so I wouldn't have to sit directly next to Draco, but I sat on his left while Ginny sat on my other side, and Harry sat on Draco's right.

"Four glasses of the Argentinian Malbec," Draco said suddenly to no one in particular.

The glasses suddenly appeared in front of us and we stared at him in shock. He grinned back at us and said, "You simply speak what you want and it will appear in front of you."

"You do realize we have to go back to work and probably shouldn't be drinking?" Harry scowled, gesturing between him and I with his thumb.

"One glass won't hurt," Draco insisted. He reached for his glass and took a sip before turning to me. "So, to business."

"Are these rooms secure?" I asked, looking around.

"They should be," Draco shrugged. "Paparazzi are not allowed in here, especially unregistered Animagi paparazzi."

We shared a grin as I realized who he was referring to. Then I cast a silencing charm on all four walls and the door, then the windows. "I just want to be certain. I don't like discussing my cases in public places."

"Understandable," Draco nodded.

"Before you two start," Ginny interrupted, "Why are you okay with Harry and I being here?"

Harry answered, "Because Draco knows we won't tell anyone since it'll put Hermione's career in danger."

Ginny thought about it for a moment and then shrugged. "Works for me. I love juicy stories anyway."

"I'm afraid it's probably not the kind of juicy story that you're looking for," Draco said with a small smile.

"Whatever works," Ginny said before taking a drink of her wine.

Draco turned back to me and clasped his hands together on the table. "One of my employees very recently divulged that he is a werewolf."

"Is he registered?" I asked.

"From my understanding, no," Draco answered. "He seemed particularly hesitant to tell me, but decided he needed to before anyone else does."

I frowned. "Has he attacked anyone?"