Ch. 34

Hermione's POV

We landed just outside the joke shop and raced in, startling George's assistant, Verity.

"Goodness, you two gave me a fright!" She exclaimed with her hand over her heart.

"Sorry, Verity," Ginny said sheepishly. "Is George back yet?"

"Yes, he came back not too long ago," Verity nodded. "Should be upstairs."

She let us in and we rushed towards the stairs, finding George not too long after setting up a new display. He was already out of his costume and looked up at us in surprise. "What are you two doing here? After the party, I thought-"

"Sorry, it's an emergency," Ginny interrupted as we stopped in front of him.

"Do you have any Amortentia?" I asked quickly.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "That's an odd request coming from you, Hermione. Does this have to do with Draco?"

I nodded sadly as Ginny answered in a huff. "Our brother decided to slip him a Hate Potion designed to make him break up with Hermione at the party tonight. It worked, unfortunately, and the only solution is a love potion."

"A powerful love potion," I added. "Ron apparently had the Hate Potion customized specifically to make him hate me, and it's very powerful."

George groaned and looked at me. "I may have some Amortentia in the back, I was brewing it for a special batch of WonderWitch products."

"We really need it, please," I pleaded.

He nodded and told us to wait there before walking off towards a door on the far wall. Ginny sighed next to me and leaned against the railing. "Have you figured out how you're going to get him to drink it yet?"

"No," I groaned. "If he knows I gave him anything, he won't drink or eat it. He can't know it's from me, but I don't want it making him fall in love with anyone else."

"Shouldn't it just cancel out the effects?" She asked, tilting her head slightly in confusion.

"It should, but remember it's Amortentia." I shifted my weight and frowned. "I don't want to take any chances with this. If someone else gives it to him, that could chance him becoming obsessed with that person instead of me."

"That makes sense; that would be a rough switch from having him hate you to him becoming obsessed over someone else," Ginny nodded. Then she grinned slightly. "Can you imagine him accidentally becoming obsessed with Blaise or Harry?"

I scowled at her. "I appreciate the attempt at humor but not right now, Gin."

"You're right, I'm sorry," She said sheepishly.

George reappeared from the doorway with a small vial in hand. He made his way back over to us and handed me the small bottle as he said, "This is all I have left right now. Will it be enough?"

I held the bottle up to my eyes and saw that it was mostly full. There was at least a drink or two in there, and I nodded with a small smile. "This is perfect, thank you!"

I gave him a quick hug before apparating back to my apartment, Ginny reappearing not too long afterwards. She scowled at me and said, "Warn me next time before you pop off."

"Sorry," I said, setting the bottle on the counter. "I just got excited and I really need to figure this out."

She sat down at the counter and waved me off. "Why don't you just immobilize him and force him to drink it?"