Ch. 10

Hermione's POV

We landed in my living room and I found Ginny already conjuring up boxes to pack my things up. She raised an eyebrow at my arm in Draco's and then she grinned. I immediately dropped my arm and scrunched my nose at her as she giggled.

"Alright, what do you want packed up first?" Ginny asked me, still grinning.

"I'm not sure," I said, looking around the apartment.

There was something off about the apartment, and I couldn't place what it was. Everything was exactly the same as it was when I left it earlier, but now...now it just felt different. It didn't feel like home.

"Hermione?"

Ginny's hand on my shoulder broke me out of my thoughts and I jumped slightly before looking at her. "Honestly, the only things I really want are my clothes and books. I don't want anything else of this."

She gave me a concerned look. "Are you sure? You don't want your dishes or furniture?"

I shook my head. "There's too many memories associated with it. I just want to wipe the slate clean. We can always go shopping for the things I need later."

"You know," Draco said, catching our attention, "I left all of my furniture at the apartment. You don't really need to furnish. All you need to do is move what you want in and buy food."

"That's convenient," Ginny said in cheerful voice. Then she asked again, "You're sure you don't want anything else besides your clothes and books?"

I didn't answer, taking another look around the apartment. "I'll have to see what all I want. I'm rather tempted to just use Draco's furniture."

"That's perfectly fine then," Ginny said, giving my arm a squeeze. "Come on, let's start packing up your things."

The three of us went into the bedroom and divided up tasks. Draco was in charge of packing up my books, Ginny was in charge of my closet, and I packed up the clothes in my drawers. I also found other items that I wanted, conjuring up a box for me to put the miscellaneous things that I couldn't part with.

There were pictures of me with my friends and family; my alarm clock; little gifts that my parents would send me from their travels; my gramophone and records; even my acceptance letter from Hogwarts. I smiled at the aged piece of parchment before folding it up and gently putting it in the box.

"I don't think there were this many books in the Hogwarts library," Draco grumbled from the other side of my room.

I laughed. "Oh, stop exaggerating, Draco! It's not that many."

There was a sudden pop in my living room and my heart rate sped up slightly as I hoped it wasn't Ron. Instead, Harry suddenly appeared in my doorway and gave Draco an odd look.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in a surprised tone.

Draco straightened up while groaning slightly. "Packing up a library. Thank Merlin for magic."

Harry laughed slightly and then looked at me. "You invited him to help you move?"

"He offered to help so I took him up on it," I replied.

He gave me a curious look for a few moments and then shook his head, looking around. "Where's Ginny?"

"Hey Harry?"

We all turned to look towards the closet, where Ginny was holding up a camera.

"What is on your head?" Harry exclaimed with wide eyes.