~Chapter Fifteen~

Chapter Fifteen; The 'Body'

-

Five days. 

Wasn't sure if I was proud I had lasted this long, or in mourning for the lives that had been lost during these five days. 

I could feel my entire burning. Like there was a fire running through my veins as my pain reached limits I had never experienced before. I had blacked out- that I knew for sure. One moment I was screaming in agony and the next moment the sun had set and my cell was a pitch black. 

Burned, cut, mutilated, scarred, branded- I've had burning hot wax, freezing cold ice, I've had a constant trickle of water slowly drip onto my forehead till I was screaming from pure madness. Despite this, not a single damaging torture act has been committed to my face. Water to crack my sanity, but nothing that would leave a mark. Perhaps he ordered this so his future Queen will look pristine standing next to him. Or perhaps he just simply didn't want to be married to a hideous bride. 

They did have a shred of decency, leaving my undergarments on my broken body. Never taking the one thing that would destroy the difference between human and animal in themselves. I honestly don't think I'd care at this point, I was exhausted. I had been trained for this, but what about the poor women who weren't?

What happens to all the mother's out there expecting their little girls to come home and become Queen. What happens to the siblings, and partners and all the lives ruined for this disgusting, selfish King. 

I want to make him burn, make him suffer for all the damage he has caused me... all the damage he has caused his entire kingdom- especially these women.

"It's over." 

My head shot up, heart pounding in my chest as I locked eyes on the Commander, his metal helmet held under his arm that held his heavy sword. 

"P-pardon" I croaked, my voice raw from screaming, my eyes glassed over as I struggled to look up from the dusty, bloodied ground. 

"Get up." A command; An order. A threat lacing it. 

He knew well and truly that I could not get up. My legs were almost black, my stomach covered in dried blood and my arms were screaming in pain. 

"P-please" I begged. I was weak, my hand shaking from malnourishment and fatigue. 

His nose wrinkled in disgust before he let out a loud wolf whistle. 

"Drop the body, get this one up."

 I couldn't breathe. 'Drop the body'. The words echoing in my head- 'the body'. As if that body wasn't a living human being a few days ago. As if 'that body' didn't have dreams, wishes and aspirations. As if 'that body' wasn't the daughter of a proud parent or a future mother to a child.

Disgusting,

Vile,

Piece of-

I launched myself at the guard with a scream, adrenalin giving me the strength to make it to his feet before he effortlessly kicked me aside. My bones crying in agony as tears poured down my cheeks. Heartbroken but furious screams ripped through my throat as the guards clasped their repulsive hand's around my arms- pulling me to my feet and dragging me out of the cell as I screamed profanities in his face. 

Dragging me out of the cell, I couldn't help but cry. Bodies. Bodies lined the corridor of the cellar. Each women laying limply outside their respective cell doors like clothes that had been tossed aside. 

I didn't know what was worse, how they were just tossed to the ground or the fact that the guards stepped over them as if it was shit on the ground. 

~

Heart-wrenching cries echoed through the darkened basement as Alannah sobbed at the sight of the fallen women. The guards stoic as they held her there, forboding her to look away from the sight. 

Alannah didn't know what she was thinking, the broken cries of a shattered woman echoed. 

Slowly, the guards dragged her down the corridor, watching with a sick grin as they passed each cell door. The forever open-gazed eyes staring at the roof. 

They were going to pay, each and every one. And when Alannah is finally done with them, she's going to destroy the king like he destroyed the lives of every fallen woman. She was going to break him like they broke her, and in the end, she is going to give him to his people and watch as they tear him apart for his sins. Watch them commit revenge for their neighbours, friends, sisters and daughters. 

He was going to pay, one way or the other.