~Chapter Forty-Five~

Chapter Forty-Five; The End

~

 ..."Now, go. Save your people."   

~

I stood on the edge of a dock, a stolen cloak covering my body as I glanced around. The dock was bustling with people carrying goods to and from boats. Jolly smiles covering their faces as they gossiped about the news. 

The King and Queen and died in an attack. A new Queen had stepped up, governing over the people and restoring order. There was finally peace across the Kingdom. 

The death and destruction that had once destroyed the lives of so many, was over. The people were free. 

It was time for me to depart. My duty completed as I held faith that Lucianna would restore order to the Kingdom, stabilising the Realm. I just had to bide my time and search for my mother. 

I gathered a breath, glancing across the ocean that stood before me. The wind blowing gently as the boats rocked. 

Everything had come to this, every action I had committed, and I wasn't one step closer to her.

Was it worth it? The actions I had committed, the lives I had taken. It wasn't, but I had come too far to give up. And that was the cruel part. Despite every atrocity I had committed, I wasn't ready to give up. And I don't think I will ever give up. Because she was family, the only family I had left. 

I boarded the boat, my stolen luggage already resting at the head of the boat. I took a seat, brushing my hand into the bitterly cold water. 

I had spent my entire life searching for my family. I had been through so much torment, cruelty and hatred to find her. I've lived so many lives, fought so many people. 

 What would happen if I just stopped? What would happen if I just gave up, settled down and started and new life. What if she was out there, still searching for me?

Perhaps that is why I couldn't give up, she was the one person in my life who would have never given up searching for me. 

~