~Chapter Eighteen~

Chapter Eighteen; The Traits of a Queen

-

They clutched the single, dimly light torch in their shaking hands as they creaked through the tunnel. Wet feet splashing in puddles of water as they walked the rocky passage.

Air restricted, the bandana covering their face splattered with blood. They just had to get to the end before it happened. With a bloodied leg from dropping down the 'rabbit hole', they were surprised at how they had managed to survive the fall and get this far. 

~

I had to make it to the end, I could see the dim light ahead, I was almost there. Almost as if it was from a cliche action move, it happened. The passage behind me exploding in sections, one after the other as the tunnel began to collapse.

"Oh my, that's not good." I couldn't stop to watch the TNT explode the underground passage as the roof began to collapse in on itself. I started running, the ache in my leg pushed to the back of my mind as adrenaline pumped through my veins. I was not dying again. That was not a possibility. I had to find her, and take her home. 

Don't worry, my darling Alannah. I'll find you. 

~

"Pick up your feet!" He snapped, a harsh whack could be heard throughout the room as stinging back skittered through my veins. 

His name fit him, truly. Wasn't like I hadn't figured this out, clearly, but he stood here, in his grand ball room. He stood there with a thick ruler in his hand as he personally taught me the ways of a queen. Or rather, how he thought his queen should be like. Every action or misstep I got incorrect, he would bring the ruler down hard. Most often on my arse but he has missed a few times and landed on my arm or thigh. Mild pain, but shocking nonetheless. 

"Are you serious?" I yelped, jumped back a step as he brought the ruler down again. 

"Questioning my authority!" Another lovely habit of his was to scream what I had done wrong. This would have been nothing, if not for the simple fact that he had gathered his maids, guards and  Luciana to watch. Absolutely ridiculous. 

"Back straight, toes forward. Pick up your feet!" I was exhausted. This was ridiculous. Throw me into an arena to fight to the death and I would survive and come out stronger. But throw me into a ballroom to be taught how to be a lady and you will truly make me suffer. 

"A queen should be a silent weapon. Quick," He pulled out his sword, and with a quick dash, stood in front of me, his sword quickly coming down. I barely had enough time to side-step his attack, rolling behind him. 

"Strong," He spun around, twisting his sword flat before quickly locking his arms around me. The word pressed tightly around my throat. 

I let out a yelp, it was as if he was trained by a God, his speed and strength unquestionable. I quickly placed my hand on the blade, pressing tightly to push the blade away. I could feel my blood dripping down my arm.

I could feel his breath in my ear. "Wise beyond their years," 

I had pushed the blade away further enough to drop, slipping my head passed the blade before crawling to safety. 

"Seductive," He let go of the blade, letting it clatter to the ground before it dropped to his knees. A lustful look in his eyes and he slowly crawled towards me. I laid on my back, hands propping my body up. My eyes wide. I quickly started shuffling backwards but he locked his hand around my ankle, sliding my body beneath him as he gazed into my eyes, heavy pants echoing the room. I didn't want to look around, I didn't want to see how many eyes were seeing this ordeal. 

"And beautiful." With that, he dipped his head, heavy breaths fanning my face and he came ever-so-close to my mouth. I could feel heat spreading throughout my body, and the urge to raise my head up to meet him was almost overpowering. But the image of the cruelty he had inflicted won me over, and I quickly flipped him over, straddling his body- his arms and legs pinned beneath mine. 

I could tell I had shocked him, his eyes expressed enough to show he had not expected this. 

"Now what, Cruel King." With that, I zoned back into our surroundings, I had been so caught up that I actually had  forgotten about all the eyes around us, and with that, I was quickly lifted from his body. My arms pinned behind my body with heavy shackles as the king chuckled. 

"Perhaps." With that, he spun on his heel and oh-so graciously strode towards Luciana, lifting her hand before escorting her from the room, leaving me stunned.

~