~Chapter Twenty~

Chapter Twenty; The Great Plan

~

I could hear them beneath me. Their frantic footsteps over my wooden floorboards. Their invasive eyes as they searched for me. 

It was empty. They had searched everywhere. The general barking orders, sending two men off to inform The King. It was almost my moment, I just had to wait for the King to arrive before my plan 'begins'. 

And it did just that, in a matter of minutes The King burst into the room, flanked by his personal guards, their weapons drawn in preparation. 

It was time. 

With that, I moved, my foot finding the perfect spot to create an unmissable creak. The room fell silent, eyes darting to the roof. 

A quiet 'shh' was heard before nearly silent footsteps slinked closer. 

Unbeknownst to Alannah, The General stood beneath her, his sword drawn as he listened for a better guide. 

Moving again, Alannah reached her foot out and thumped it against a creaky beam a few inches from her reach before settling back in her spot... just in time for the General to pierce the lining next to the beam. His sword cutting through the roof; lighting beaming up at her. 

She let out a startled yelp, she had not expected this. But it was too late, the general kept aiming and slicing the roof, ripping the foam that connects the beams. Alannah barely had enough time to jump out of her rested position, placing her entire weight on two beams that crossed each other, her feet perfectly aligned with the wood. 

Suddenly, The King could be heard- 

"Destroy this entire section of the room. I want no hidden place available. Bring her down, one way or the other." 

Alannah let out a yelp as additional swords sliced through the lining, her feet jumping from one beam to the next as the destroyed the roof so close to her feet. 

Finally, she could see down. Only four beams laid from one wall to the other. She stood on two, her hands keeping her balanced by gripping the beam. 

"By orders of The King, surrender or face what is owed." The General's rough voice spoke, chilling her to the core. 

"I surrender! I surrender!" She called out quickly, dropping to a seated position on the beam, her hands raised in the air as her feet hung off the side.

The King gave a deathly stare up at her, his piercing eyes glaring at her for a final time before he spoke into the General's ear, sealing her fate before exiting the room. 

"By orders of The King, you are to be sentenced to a temporary preventative punishment." With that, he sheathed his sword, drew a thin blade before grasping her leg.

She barely had enough time to yell 'Stop' before he began hacking at her legs, tearing the skin from her feet and legs. 

Alannah could feel herself dizzying, her body growing cold as blood poured down her legs. In a matter of seconds, both legs had been carved up, searing pain rushing through her body, her head swimming before she finally dropped, her body growing heavy as she slid off the beam, falling to the ground with a loud thump! 

The final thing she could feel was a shooting pain fly through her body as the General raised his leather clothed boot, before bringing it harshly down on one of her legs, snapping her bone beneath her bloodied skin. 

She couldn't hear anything, her eyes blurry as loud ringing echoed throughout her ears. She gave a final look down, seeing bone poking through her skin before she dropped cold. Her head thumping against the wooden floorboards. 

~