~Chapter Twenty-Three~

Chapter Twenty-Three; Salvatore Gundahar

~

The Cruel King had lived a lavish life. Since a mere babe, he had been accustom to life being at his beck and call. With this, came great power, and this he used to his advantage. 

The King, Salvatore Gundahar, was raised by two individuals. These two individuals were not his parents, as his parents were distant and cold, baring not to share a room with each other unless required. Forced together by greed, and held together by law, his parents lived a miserable life. Now, the two individuals who raised him were slaves, wicked servants threatened and beaten to obey, their one revenge is the child they were tasked with to raise. He was taught to value greed over morals, cruelty over love and violence over peace. He was praised when he was violent, and scolded when he wasn't. 

Now, since he was raised to be cold and cruel, as soon as the servants grew useless, he disposed of them, turning them over to the blood house. Where discarded slaves were used day in and day out to grind, pull or even to be used to treat the virus and contaminated; as slave welfare and health are wasteful. 

Once Salvatore had everything he wished and desired, he grew bored. So bored, in fact, that even from an early age, he desired the thrill of blood on his hands. So, he decided to create his own dungeon, where he could maul, carve and use victims to his pleasure. As screams echoed throughout the castle. 

He was so violent, in fact, that even for pleasure he has violence. Abusing, raping and beating his women into submission, however, this would never last. Once he had completely broken them, he grew bored, as he loved the thrill of being disobeyed, being tested or even rejected. What he drove for was the thrill of showing his power, the thrill of showing who was in control and using his dominance. 

This is why he created the tournament. He wanted a woman to truly fight back, he wanted a Queen who knew when to show her true colours, and when to submit. With this, he created each trial.

 The first trial; to eliminate the weak and allow only the strongest who can handle the brutality of murder and bloodshed. 

The second trial; to demonstrate the drive to survive and continue, the knowledge to escape and the capability to go put themselves through situations that could be truly gruesome. 

The third trial; to cope with being put through pure torture and survive, to establish they can handle the worst and still have the drive to fight back. 

The fourth trial; The trial to truly break the weakest, and prove the worthy Queen fit to stand alongside a truly Cruel King. 

Only the strongest shall survive, and only the unbreakable shall prevail. 

~