Alpha Mode

(( " Wait, what's that? Is that a butterfly?" ... *makes entrance* " It's me." Omg sorry I had to. If you get the vine reference I love you.))

" Please d-don't hate m-me!" Keith violently cried into Lance's shoulder.

The alpha was almost dumfounded that Keith could even say that. What right did he have to hate his boyfriend for this? Especially when he was the one who got him pregnant in the first place.

" Keith, I could never hate you... please don't even think about that ever happening because it won't." He pulled back somewhat, having Keith look at him. His face was red from all the tears, and he was sniffing from all the hurt he felt. Shiro's words. The morning sickness. Everything was piling up, nearly crushing him like a 50 ton weight on his chest.

Lance didn't even know how this happened. But he didn't care. Keith was pregnant with his baby, their baby. He would never in a million years turn his back on him. There was already guilt clenching his insides. Lance had done this to him. These tears were all his fault.

Keith was blubbering incoherently as Lance wiped away some of the tears with his thumb. It was crazy, but Lance wasn't mad about the baby. The only thing that infuriated him was Shiro trying to make Keith's decision for him.

" I'm not angry at you." He brushed his omega's bangs away from his face.

" Y-you're not?" Keith asked, looking down.

" Keith, no. I love you, and I'm going to do whatever I can to help you." Lance reassured, trying to keep himself in check. His inner alpha wanted to send him running to find Shiro. It didn't matter that Lance would most likely get his ass kicked if they fought, this was his omega. " I really hope you're okay with keeping it..." Lance brushed his fingers over Keith's cheek.

" I-..." Keith chose not to tell Lance what he'd almost done the night before. " I want this baby... I just don't know what we're going to do." His lip quivered.

" Lance!" Camila called from the front door, seeing that the boys were in the driveway.

" Let's go inside, okay?" Lance put an arm around him, feeling that his boyfriend was still shaking.

" But-"

" Believe me when I tell you that my mom will be there for us." Lance sounded dead serious as he told Keith that. And the omega didn't know what else he was supposed to do. He'd left without anything, not even his phone. This was the only place he could go, the only place he wanted to be. If he went back, God knows what would happen.

" Okay..." He sniffled, leaning his head on Lance's shoulder. " I love you so much." Keith was grateful, and knew that Lance would support him no matter what. " Thank you..."

" Don't thank me... I made a promise to you. And I'm never fucking breaking it." Lance looked over his shoulder, wanting to make sure nobody was behind them. His instincts were already making him jumpy, and hesitant to let anyone near Keith.

" Lance?! What's going on?" Camila came down off of the porch, seeing that Keith wasn't looking too good.

Lance very protectively kept his hand on Keith's side, almost like it was glued there.

" Everything's going to be okay... I promise..." He whispered in the smaller boy's ear with certainty. Somehow, Lance didn't cry. This could potentially jeopardize his entire future, put his dreams on the line. But he was almost numb. Keith was more important than any of that.

Keith was still trembling as they walked forward. He wanted to hide his face in Lance's shirt, hide it anywhere so he wouldn't have to show it. Even though he'd come to want the baby, he still felt ashamed of himself. Keith was a teenager, pregnant in high school.