Answers

(( Thank you everyone for voting and commenting! This story was only up for two days by the time it had gathered thousands of reads and hundreds of votes/comments. Also, if I catch anyone else trying to bully in my comment section, I will report people. Bullying is never okay no matter who is doing it or who it's directed at. I won't tolerate it. This book is supposed to be a safe space for everyone, and I intend on keeping it that way.))

" Don't you think we're overreacting?" Matt asked as Hunk and Pidge walked ahead of him on the street.

" No, I don't. Keith and Lance haven't answered their phones for two days, Keith's motorcycle isn't in his driveway, and they haven't been to school." Pidge said, swiftly continuing down the sidewalk. " I'm worried about them."

" When Shiro didn't answer the door, Keith would've if he was there." Hunk added. " So clearly he wasn't."

" It's not like them to just shut everyone out like this." Pidge said, and Hunk was gnawing on his fingernails out of nervousness.

" I'm sure they're fine." Matt said, trailing behind them a little. " You act like they're missing or something."

" For the last time, how can we know they're not?"

" Shiro would have a search party scouring the town if Keith was gone. And we know Lance's parents would do the same thing." Matt tried to reason with them. He knew they were going to show up at Lance's door looking paranoid and weird.

" Something had to have happened. Keith always answers my texts. So does Lance." Pidge drove the point home as they began walking up Lance's driveway.

" I'm worried, guys. Lance is one of my best friends and I haven't heard from him in days." Hunk wore his concern on his sleeve.

" Not to mention how Lance's Snapchat has been a ghost town. And he hasn't posted any cheesy things about Keith on Instagram either." Pidge was increasingly worked up with every step closer to Lance's house.

She rang the doorbell two consecutive times, feeling her heart pounding in her chest.

Lance and Keith were upstairs, watching Netflix on the alpha's laptop. But when they heard the doorbell ring, Lance sat up. He was immediately on guard, wondering if Shiro had found his house.

" Stay here..." He told Keith while going out of the room. Nobody else was going to answer the door. Mainly because Lance's parents had left for work since it was after six at night. The twins were off galavanting with their abuela. And Ronny wasn't coming out of her room for anybody, so it was a safe bet that she wasn't paying the doorbell any mind.

Lance grabbed a slipper from by the shoes, raising it in his hand while swinging the door open. He was relieved, yet startled to see their friends at the doorstep.

" Woah-buddy! Don't use the chancla!" Hunk cowered, before popping an eye open to see Lance was lowering it.

" Sorry... I thought you were someone else." Lance tossed the slipper back to where he'd grabbed it from.

" Lance, why haven't you been answering our calls?! We've been worried sick! Where's Keith?!" Pidge asked him.

" Lance?" Keith asked from the top of the stairs. He looked absolutely adorable with one of Lance's baggy sweatshirts on.

" Keith, it's just Matt, Hunk, and Pidge. We're fine." Lance told him calmly.

" Who did you think we were?" Matt asked.

" Listen... we've had a lot of stuff going on. We've been avoiding pretty much everyone, not just you guys." Lance stepped aside, letting them in. " We can explain..."