Together

(( Guyssss! I'm so excited! I finally included a couple characters that I've been meaning to for the longest time!))

Lance didn't know which option was more dreadful. Staying in the apartment where someone could've been taking pictures of him and Keith at any given moment, or leaving into the world where someone could've been lurking anywhere.

He'd hastily shut the blinds and covered up all the windows with anything he could find. Lance's alpha side was cursing the tears that rolled down his cheeks as he privatized the apartment as best he could.

Eventually, he'd calmed down enough where Keith could get through to him.

Lance winced while Keith disinfected a couple cuts on his face, dabbing some rubbing alcohol on him. There was a little bit of blood in Lance's left eyebrow from the cut there. For having such a short tussle with James, they'd definitely gotten at each other a lot.

" Sorry..." Keith mumbled, wiping away the trace amounts of dried blood.

Seeing Lance like that made Keith completely livid. Whoever dared to lay a finger on his alpha better have watched their back.

" Are you going to tell me what this is from?" The omega asked in a low tone.

" Does it matter?" Lance responded diffidently.

" Yes, actually..." Keith told him, pulling back to look at Lance in a concerned way. " You don't get in fights... you're not like that."

Lance looked to the side, feeling even more guilty about it. He kept telling himself that he could have fought off his inner alpha. He could've restrained himself from tackling him and starting a shitstorm that- if it had lasted longer- his coach would've seen.

" He..." Lance began. " It's- Keith, nobody gets to talk about you like that." He stammered, growling in the back of his throat. And on top of calling Keith wimpy, and belittling Lance, he'd also commented on Veronica's bracelet. Somehow James had managed to insult two of the most important omegas on the planet.

Keith's eyebrows furrowed.

" Who?" He asked.

" There's this dipshit on the team named Jack or James or something like that. And him and this other guy were being homophobic and I tried to ignore them... but..." The taller boy felt Keith tilt his chin so they were looking at each other. " Then they brought you up... and I just-" He grit his teeth, biting back his emotions and anger toward himself. " I lost it."

" I hope they look worse than you do." Keith smiled a little, able to tell that Lance was beating himself up more than even that James kid had. The omega wrapped his arms around him, hugging his alpha in close and holding him in a reassuring way.

Lance sniffled a little, but managed to keep from breaking down into a fit of sobs yet again.

" I love you... I'm sorry I left you here." He whimpered, burying his face into Keith's shoulder.

" Nobody got me." Keith tried to tell him, though he was genuinely petrified while thinking about potential repeats of what had happened. " You have school and everything else... you can't blame yourself." Being there for Lance was something that was sapping a lot out of Keith right then. He was pregnant, and sore, and tired all the time. Add being terrified for his babies into the mix, and he was never able to decompress. " Plus... I'll have work tomorrow. I won't even be here alone for very long."

" What if-" Lance cut himself off, whining a little as he held himself back from crying. " What if they get in here? What if they hurt you and the babies?!" He panicked a little more, breathing rapidly. " God, if I wasn't such a fuck up you'd be safe!" Lance exclaimed, and a few more stray tears slid down his cheeks and dropped to Keith's shoulder.