First

(( I know that this chapter is a tad bit shorter than the others, but I figured you all might like an update on Sasha and Ronny. Plus, I feel bad that I've been having to time skip so much. I just have so much planned, and a lot of it happens in the very late stages of pregnancy and soon after. I hope you all don't mind.))

The rain that day was relentless, and clearly didn't give a fuck who or what it poured down on. The ground, the trees, everything on its descent down from the clouds was utterly drenched. It came in from the side, slanting and hitting like a barrage of watery bullets.

But did that stop Sasha from walking Ronny home like she always did? Nope. Even though her sister could've given her a ride home on most days, Sasha made it her duty to see her girlfriend home, even if it meant she had to walk the extra half mile distance to her own home afterwards.

Veronica was worth it.

As the two walked on the dampened and dark colored sidewalk, Sasha handed Ronny her umbrella. Sharing it had proven to be impossible given their drastic differences in height. Sasha was too tall, and even if she held it directly above her head, the rain would've been pummeling Ronny from a diagonal direction.

" Are you sure?" Ronny asked, not taking it at first. The rain immediately began falling atop Sasha's hair, running down her face and moistening her clothes. Her makeup would just have to suffer through the practical shower.

" You're more important." Sasha fondly smiled, and Veronica took the pastel pink umbrella from the alpha's grip. The water that dripped from Ronny's wet hair got on the front of her shirt, but the raindrops that had been getting all over her ceased in drenching her any further. She angled the umbrella slightly, tilting it in a way where she'd be safe.

Through all the water, and the cloudy and dimly lit outside, her blush was thankfully hidden.

It was the little things Sasha did for her that made the omega's emo little heart flutter. She didn't feel the need to be closed off, or hide who she really was. Sasha was one of the only people that she could truly be herself around, outside of her family of course.

The fact that Sasha hadn't done anything wrong thus far-besides maybe pissing Ronny off with too much teasing on a couple occasions- was also a huge bonus about their relationship. They didn't really fight about anything. Not even the lack of sex, or touching... or kissing.

Yeah, that's right. They'd been together for months, yet they still had yet to share a first kiss. Given that they were a tad bit young to be getting into all that stuff, Veronica didn't really see the need to go far with her. But she did want to kiss Sasha... only kissing. Nothing beyond that.

It was just a matter of how shy she was, and how she wasn't about to go find a stepstool to initiate the contact.

The real shocker was that Sasha hadn't made the move to kiss her yet. Alphas were usually the ones who made decisions and just went for things. But she too was very bashful, and not wanting to force the tiny girl into anything. To Sasha, Ronny was her vertically challenged, cute, adorable responsibility. And that meant that she didn't want to pressure her into anything before the time was right.

There was just a very heavy sense of tension. It wasn't obvious, and it most definitely wasn't blatant to anyone who saw them. But it was sort of a battle. Who would swallow their fear and do it first? That was the question that both of them were desperate to find the answer to.

" Your makeup." Ronny gasped while seeing Sasha's mascara running a bit. Waterproof? That was a fatass lie.

Sasha wiped some of it away, giggling to herself when she saw the murky streaks of black transfer onto her hand.