Free

(( I needed a happier chapter right now. Lance and his family always warm my heart, and I hope this makes you all feel as good as it makes me.))

Three and a half weeks. In hindsight, it seemed like nothing after four years of high school. But through all the finals, and the cramming, and the excitement, it was long.

By the day of graduation, Keith and Lance felt like they were crawling through the last leg of the race. But they'd done it. They had survived high school.

Keith had been in the shower, and by the time he got out, he had a frantic expression on his face. He'd known this was coming. But he was barely ten weeks along. Maybe he was crazy, paranoid even.

" Lanceeee!" The omega called, wrapping a towel around his waist as he came out of the bathroom.

" Hm?" Lance hummed, looking up from his phone.

" I-I think I'm showing!" He exclaimed, looking down at his abdomen. Keith could've sworn that there was a tiny little bump there. It was slight, barely noticeable.

" Babe... you're not even 12 weeks along yet." Lance chuckled. Keith didn't seem convinced.

" Lance, I'm serious. What if people see when I walk across the stage? What if they can tell?!" Keith took a few deep breaths, staring down at his belly and trying not to panic.

Lance realized that his boyfriend wasn't joking. And knowing that Keith was genuinely scared about something pushed his alpha instincts into overdrive. He got up from his bed, abandoning the warm covers that had been so ungodly comfortable.

" Keith... it's okay..." He assured, wrapping his arms around him. It didn't matter that Keith was damp; Lance needed to make sure he was okay. " I can't tell, I swear. I see you naked all the time and I don't see a bump."

Keith's eyes beaded nervously as he looked up at Lance. The blue of his irises always had a numbing effect on him. He was certain he could feel his bonding mark tingle when he stared into them.

" You're sure?" The omega asked, feeling heavily self conscious.

" Positive." Lance hugged Keith into his chest.

There was the possibility that Keith was just gaining weight from the pregnancy. But Lance wasn't about to bring that up. For all he knew, Keith would've taken offense and been pissy with him about it. And besides that, Lance didn't care what size Keith was. He'd love him no matter what.

The alpha reached down, running his hand over Keith's tummy and fondly smiling.

Keith felt his face drain into a bright red color when Lance felt over his stomach. Whenever he did that, it made him melt from the inside out.

" Even if you were showing... our robes would cover it." Lance said, softly kissing Keith's cheek. " And you'll only be up there for like five seconds."

...

After both Keith and Lance had gotten dressed in their robes, as well as their graduation caps, they were being subjected to pictures. Camila and Shiro were similar when it came to the scrapbooking.

" How many pictures do you need?" Veronica asked from behind her mother, sipping a soda while watching. It was hilarious, but she also felt bad for Keith and her brother. They were being kept hostage as she saw it.

" Oh, you can never have too many pictures." Camila said, snapping some more. And the couple's cheeks were sore from all the smiling they'd been roped into.

" I beg to differ." Lance sighed. " Please, you have to have enough by now. Can we get going?"

Camila pursed her lips sassily.