Lean On Me

(( Okay, PSA. I get that I haven't updated for five days, Loves. It stresses me out enough. I have been in a crazy rush ever since school started, and am trying my very best to update for you all. The PM's that demand I update, and the swearing, and the getting shitty with me are not necessary or appreciated. I'm trying. I really am. So finally, here you go, the chapter! Rant over.))

Who could've guessed that being the boss was difficult? Literally anyone. But Shiro hadn't anticipated the abundance of briefings and all that. He'd expected paperwork and driving orders, not hunkering down in a room and listening to boring people spout even more boring words for hours. That's why he rolled his eyes when he saw the agenda Adam had laid on his desk.

Budget Meeting. Of course, how could he have forgotten?

He only sighed, deciding he was going to go copy some papers while he had a second.

" I'm so sorry I'm late, I-" Adam rushed into the room in a huff, and that was how Shiro and him ended up colliding. And how coffee was spilled all over the front of Shiro's suit. But even worse... Adam had knocked him over, and landed on top of his boss.

This morning just couldn't get any better.

" Mr. Sh-Shirogane! I'm so sorry!" Adam exclaimed frantically.

Shiro's face must've just been red from the hot coffee. Yeah. That was it.

Adam was blushing severely while scrambling off of him and searching the room for anything to help clean it up.

" How many times do I have to say it? You can call me Shiro, or Takashi if you want." Shiro sat up, now sopping wet with black coffee. Thankfully it hadn't been hot enough to burn him.

Adam finally found some tissues.

" Sorry..." He said yet again, kneeling down to start wiping it off. But nothing was helping. It was pointless.

" I'm okay. These things happen." Shiro looked at him, and there was a tiny smile lifting his lips upward.

Adam's face was practically steaming as he facepalmed.

Shiro stood up, unbuttoning his suit jacket and shrugging it off. The grooves of his muscles were defined from behind his dress shirt, but he didn't seem concerned at all. He only loosened his tie while picking up his jacket and hanging it on an empty coat rack, hoping to air it out.

" Can you-" Shiro began asking Adam something, sitting down at his desk. But then he saw that Keith was calling. His phone had been on silent, so he only noticed when he saw the screen light up. " Uh-one second." He said.

" Right." Adam took a deep breath, slipping from the room. He nearly coughed up a lung once he was out of Shiro's sight.

" Keith?" Shiro picked up.

" Shiro!" Keith loudly said from the other end. " I've been calling you for hours!"

" Sorry. My phone was on silent, what's happening? Are you okay?" The older brother's voice soggied with worry.

" It's Lance." Keith took a couple breaths.

" Keith, have you slept? God, you sound awful." Shiro stared blankly while talking. Clearly something was seriously wrong.

" I told him to sleep." Lance cut in from the other end. " He said he won't sleep until I do."

" Can one of you please tell me what's going on?" Shiro questioned.

" Lance got run off the road and almost died!" Keith's voice cracked.

" What?!" Shiro raised his voice. " Who did this?!"