Double Trouble

When Keith was woken up by his phone ringing, he couldn't help but worry if it was another drunk dial from his brother.

He groaned, reaching for it and seeing that it was Starbucks calling.

" Shit!" Keith whispered, clearing his throat and doing his best to sound awake.

Lance, who was next to him, groaned and rolled over.

" Hello?" Keith answered, seeming as professional as he could.

" Hi, yes, is this Keith?" There was a voice from the other side.

" Yes, may I ask who's calling?" Keith hated the way he sounded. It was so... formal.

" This is Josh Keaton, I'm the manager at Starbucks?" The person, whose name was apparently Josh, responded.

" Oh, right. They said I'd be getting a call from you." Keith combed through his bedhead with his fingers. Why the hell was he calling so early? Wait, what time even was it?

Keith pulled the phone back from his ear, and saw that it was 7:16 AM. Yeah, way too early for this.

" So, I've processed your job application and I think you'd make a great addition to the staff. How would you feel about coming in for an interview?" Josh asked, and Keith could pretty much hear his smile.

Lance squinted at Keith, still trying to figure out what was going on. His mind was hazy from sleep, so he was a little slower than normally.

" I think that'd be great." Keith said, feeling his eyes water as he forced a yawn back. " When?"

" Today, say... maybe..." Josh hemmed and hawed for a second before coming to a decision. " Four this afternoon? If that works for you."

" That's perfect." Keith really wanted to be sarcastic, but this was probably his new boss. He couldn't be that way with him just yet. Josh could've been a stickler, and Keith had to walk on eggshells at first because he didn't know his demeanor.

" Wonderful. I'll see you then." Josh said. And Keith hung up after giving him a simple response back. He then collapsed back into the pillows.

" Who was that?" Lance mumbled, cuddling into the comforting warmth Keith possessed.

" It was the boss at Starbucks." Keith grumbled. " He wants me to do an interview."

" That's great, Babe." Lance kissed his boyfriend's forehead. It almost looked like he was going to go back to sleep, but they couldn't do that. After all, it was time for school.

" We have to get up... come on." Keith shoved Lance lightly and shook him.

" Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" Lance groaned crankily and buried his face in the omega's neck.

" I'm about two seconds away from giving you a purple nurple if you don't move." Keith threatened, already in no mood to put up with anything.

That made Lance shoot back. Oh hell no.

" That's what I thought." Keith chuckled, moving to sit at the foot of the bed. He got up, walking to Lance's bathroom to shower.

Lance knew he would be getting him back for that later. He didn't know how just yet, but the taller boy would figure something out.

Lance was too tired to fuck with a shower that morning. He wasn't dirty or anything, and his hair wasn't greasy by any regard, so he could spring for skipping it.

He slipped on a fresh shirt, which happened to be his favorite blue and off-white long sleeved one. And after he'd finished the outfit off with jeans, and Deadpool socks, he exited the room. Lance wasn't going for a fashionable look that day. It was more about what felt comfortable.