Settling In

It was sad, it was scary, yet it was exciting. They'd packed away their lives into cardboard boxes, loaded them up in a moving truck.

The only thing left to do was leave in the morning for their very long drive to their apartment by Lance's university.

Lance and Keith were at the dinner table with the rest of Lance's family. They'd ordered pizza from a pizza joint in town, hoping to have a stress free meal together before the two could take off.

But it was insanely awkward.

" So..." Lance said, unable to stand the silence any longer. " This is sort of like the last supper, huh?"

Ronny stared down at her pizza somberly. She couldn't believe it. Her big brother was leaving.

" You'll come back for Thanksgiving, right?" Camila asked him.

" Of course we will." Lance smiled a little. " We'll drive up here whenever we have time."

Keith couldn't help but feel a little down. He would be leaving Shiro all by himself in that house. Him and Lance would be alone in the city, only having each other. Though Shiro would be sending them some money every week-that was something Keith had begrudgingly come to agree to- he still felt like they'd get lonely. Their friends obviously couldn't relocate with them, and neither could their families. It was just a surreal thing to think about.

Nothing would ever be the same again.

Soon after dinner, Lance and Keith laid atop the air mattress that had been blown up in Lance's for the most part empty room.

" We'll be fine." Lance whispered to Keith, kissing the top of his head.

Keith sighed, leaning more onto Lance's chest and closing his eyes.

This wasn't how he anticipated leaving for college. Keith's dreams of Seattle seemed like some sort of foreign concept after a while, having been left in his and Lance's dust. There was still a tiny part of him that wished he could go to his dream school. But it was too late to do anything different.

Keith was going to do whatever he needed to for those babies, even if it meant forgoing his number one choice for college and working all the time.

" I know we will..." The omega finally answered. " I just... I've never been that far from home before..." He admitted.

Lance couldn't relate. His family had made him go down to Cuba on numerous occasions.

" It'll be weird at first... but as long as I have you, anywhere is home." Lance told him, holding the smaller boy up against the natural curve of his body.

Keith's face faded completely red from that remark.

" Stopppp!" He whined, burying his blush ridden face.

" Never." Lance chuckled.

There were a couple soft knocks placed on Lance's bedroom door.

" Yeah?" Lance asked.

Ronny opened the door.

" Sorry... it's late. I'm about to go bed, but..." She stammered. Lance could tell that she'd been crying. His eyes grew wider with concern as he got up. " I-" Veronica sniffled.

" Hey, hey, what's up?" Lance stood in front of his sister, who hugged him and finally broke down crying.

" I'm going to miss you!" She exclaimed, holding her brother close. Ronny began memorizing Lance's scent, not knowing the next time she'd be able to smell it. After all, Keith and him were leaving early in the morning. She wouldn't get to say goodbye unless she got up at five AM.