Lucky

(( Sorry for the late update. Literally every time I sat down to write, someone or something would stop me. But fINALLY I got it done.))

By 12:45 in the morning, Keith was hysterical. Every time he called Lance before, he at least got a dial tone, but now it had transferred into going straight to his voicemail.

Ronny and Keith were on the couch, and she was doing her best to stay strong for him. Lord knows what could've happened if they were both temporarily insane.

" Keith, you need to breathe. This isn't good for the babies." She tried to say, urging him to drink some water.

Keith was inconsolable. His alpha would've never just not come home. And his bonding mark was weakly palpitating, almost like a heartbeat would've been. But it didn't seem very strong.

He shot up when the doorbell rang, and once he saw blue and red lights flashing outside the house, Keith's face sank.

" We're looking for the legal guardians of Lance McClain..." A man-someone who looked like a police officer- said. " Are they here?"

Keith felt his eyes practically leaking with tears.

" Th-they're not... I'm his boyf- fiancé. Please... is he okay?!" The omega's lip was quivering as he tried to keep from buckling over in a fit of sobs. When the cops showed up in the middle of the night, it was never good.

" Mom... the police are here and they're looking for you..." Veronica talked on the phone in the back.

The male officer sighed, taking off his beige colored cap. Delivering bad news sucked for anyone who was tasked with it. But it became ten times worse once the guy's clearly pregnant omega answered the door.

" Lance has been in a car accident."

Keith seemed to be frozen at first, not able to exhibit a reaction due to shock. He placed his hand on the doorframe, leaning on it heavily for stability.

" Sir?" The officer asked. " Do you need to sit down?"

Keith exhaled in a shaky way, looking up at the very tall man.

" Is he o-okay?" He questioned, not prepared to hear any word other than yes.

" He's alive. But he was unconscious when first responders arrived. That's all I know, I'm sorry."

" What happened to my brother, asshat?" Ronny coldly asked, covering the phone so her mother wouldn't hear. " Just say something before Keith has a heart attack!" She clearly had no regard for who he was.

" Ma'am, the tone is unnecessary. Lance is in the hospital, being treated for his injuries following a car accident." The cop repeated. And Camila could hear from the other end of the phone.

" WHAT?!" She wailed. " Oh God! My poor baby!" She sobbed loudly.

" Officer... can you please take me to the hospital? I need to see him." Keith was completely monotonous while mumbling and looking down. He couldn't begin to fathom what had just been thrown at him.

" I'll get my charger." Ronny said, turning around.

" No, you're staying here to watch your brothers." Keith told her, snatching the phone and seeing that Lance's mother was still on the line.

" -tell me something!" She was yelling once he brought it up to his ear.

" I'm going to the hospital. C-can you meet me there?" Keith stuttered, sniffling while asking in a broken tone of voice.

" I'll be there as soon as I can! Please get there and call me the second you know anything!" Camila rambled.

...